picking and packing

javier

The problem is complex, so I´m going to try to explain it to you in a example case:
There are several things to assume:
1) 1 Pallet is 30 Units of the product "Red Bike"
2) 1 Pallet is located in one rack of the warehouse, in wich products are not mixed
3) the pallet wich enters to the warehouse has a code EAN-128 wich is controled by Lot number

There is 5 sales orders. All the orders include the same item and quantity. The item is a "Red Bike" and the quantity is 10.
So, the total of all orders is 50 units of the product "Red Bike"
I need to generate a Picking request or a task that envolves all the orders and solve the problem like this:
30 Units will be taken from the pallet Number XXXX and the other 20 units from the picking area.

If you can see, the problem is to divide the warehouse in to big areas: Picking and Packing. And the solution needed is to consolidate the request taking first the pallet and then the units that can´t fit in one. But, we have to consider that the orders are for different clients, and they were make in units.

As I could see, in warehouse management the picking request is created line by line, so i can´t find a way to solve the problem.

Javier,
I will assume you have defined the picking rules that first you want to pick from warehouse locations, including the location you have the bikes in, & second from the picking location. When you create the picking requests it will create tasks to pick the first six orders from the whs location & the last four orders from the picking area, assuming there are 20 units in the picking area. Consolidating the requests & pulling all 30 units from the whs location should not be an issue. The picker would simply be pulling multiple orders at the same time. Won't matter that they are for different customers or that they were made in units. It seems to me you have the problem defined & solved, just need to define your picking rules.

I had divided the warehouse in 2 zones (Z1 & Z2). Z1 is for packing and the other is for picking.
The problem is that the warehouse is divided in diferent areas, and the packing area takes just "Pallets" with a special crane (because the weight is to much). So, in the packing area I can´t open the pallet. How can I tell the system to take first what it can accumulate in a Pallet (consolidating all orders) and then just take the remaining from the picking area (Z2).

Back