Coexistence while upgrading

mrmccull

I'm looking for some input on coexistence while upgrading from A7.3 Cum 11 to Xe. Currently we are using coexistence primarily for batch jobs and reporting. Has anyone had any experience with coexistence of applications for any extended period of time? If so, what type, if any, problems did you run into? We are considering moving to Xe completely and are concerned about trying to coexist with applications for an extended period.

Hi there

There are lots of small issues, but I found with correct training most of them are overcome easily.

I have just come off a coex site, there were no real problems at all, all we had to ensure was that the latest cum of World was installed and we were good to go. We had one or two problems that we did encounter though. Firstly you need to go into your distribution system constants and just click OK, we found that even though they were pointing at the same file we still needed to do this. Secondly we also found that some Xe Tag files had fields that were not in World files and we needed to create them in World. One last final word of warning is on the Enhanced AR. Once you go live there is no going back. Don't Use the Sales Update program in Xe either, as there are vast differances between the World and Xe. Enhanced Ar is the issue here again. This does not mean to say that you can't use your sales module in Xe.

GOOD LUCK

Back