Next Number on A/B

rcandeo

Well Known Member
I´m having my Next Number on Address Book being added for some application that I don´t know which one is.
My Adress Book Number is filled with spaces between the sequence.
I thing that the problem is somewhere in Brazilian Localization, since Denver don´t know why this is happening.
Did anyone had the same problem?
Thank You.

rcandeo,
I think that you will get spaces in the next numbering sequence if you say to use a "check digit" in the Next Numbering setup for Address Book.
Regards,
Dave

Hi Robson

Your problem used to be quite common in earlier versions of OW, when QA was not as good as it is now.......;-)

The main reason why this is happening is when a developer (either in house, in case of a modification or at JDE in case of a standard application or localised application) forgets to tick the 'disable next numbering' box on a form control with DD item AN8. Once a user enters a form where this box is unticked the next number will increment.

If you already have a suspision where this is happening, I would access all the forms in this area and monitor if and where the next number changes.

By the way, this subject has previously been discussed on this forum. You may find some more info there.

Good luck,

Thank You, but I don´t have any check digit in A/B and the spaces used to be more than 10.
Robson

We faced it here in the company just because of Brazilian localization. The reason was we had not the Next Number set up for system 59, when the 59 programs intended to find the next AN8 number, it jumped leaving spaces between then. After feeding all lines in the 59 system next number, the system started to work correctly.

Back