JDE.INI & AS/400 Services

kpapenfuss

Yesterday we increased the settings in our AS/400 JDE.INI for JDENET maxNetProcesses and JDENET_KERNEL_DEF6 (call object kernel). This was done to attempt to improve our OneWorld performance running on our AS/400 enterprise server. Last night we brought down services and restarted them. Today, when we checked the Work With Server Processes (in SAW), it appears to still be using the old JDE.INI settings, i.e., there was no increase in the number of network or call object kernels running. We did the same with our PY test environment which is a separate foundation and the new settings were used. Has anyone ever run into this type of situation?

Are you sure you are changing the correct JDE.INI file? Could it be a
possibility that you are modifying an old file.

What is the number of autostart processes set to for JDENET_KERNEL_DEF6?

It is set to 0. Our original call objects kernel was set at 10 with the autostart set to 0 also. Now our call objects kernel is set at 30, but only 10 are running.

Are you modifying the INI through the OneWorld signon on a green screen. If you use the multi foundation setup no matter which port you select, when you use option 9 to modify the INI, it will always take you to the B7333SYS library. Make sure that is the correct library you are wanting to modify the INI in.

Paul J
AS/400, Xe, SP16 & 19_C1, HTML(Win2K)

Today, I find that the new network and kernel settings have taken effect. The only thing that is different is that we found another JDE.INI in an obsure library which we then renamed. Thanks for everyone's input.

Although it's probably too early to tell, the general response from my users is that our response times are improved.

Back