Setup Error When Uninstalling using Add/Remove Programs

bmarxhau

I am encountering an error since installing SP17.1_I1. Any workstation/terminal server client that accepts the service pack, and subsequently attempts to remove OneWorld using Add/Remove Programs, receives a Windows error 'Setup encountered an unexpected error while reading a required file.'

All tests indicate a problem with the setup.exe and associated _ files on the c:\b7 directory of the workstation. Where do these files come from? Are they extracted from the Disk1.sdf file in the OneWorld Client Install directory on the deployment server? Tried replacing this, with the pre-SP17.1 file (SP13.3) still have the same results. Is there an uninstall flag that allows me to use the setup.exe file in the OneWorld Client Install directory on the deployment server to uninstall OneWorld from the workstation?

Brent Marxhausen
customers config:
OneWorld Xe SP17.1_I1
OS/400 V4R4 (going to V5R1)
NT Application server
W2K terminal servers

I had a similar issue with one of my citrix servers way back when..and what I ended upp doing was manually deleting the B7 folder then cleaning out the registry of all JDE occurances and re-install using the add/remove option in windows.

Try this on one workstation and see if it helps.

Issue solved.

The problem was indeed the \B7333\OneWorld Client Install\Disk1.sdf. Examination of the SP17.1 CD revealed a different file size of Client\Disk1.sdf than what was in our \B7333\OneWorld Client Install directory.

So the service pack installation failed to overwrite this file, probably a file lock issue, but did not notify us of this error. Therefore we were left with a SP13.3 Disk1.sdf file, and ultimately a SP13.3 uninstall program with SP17.1 foundation.

The contents of this Disk1.sdf are extracted to the c:\b7, and their sole purpose in life is to perform the uninstall.

Brent Marxhausen

Back