Citrix Logon Error - Revisited

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Good morning all,

I would like to revisit this thread by TDAVIS, because his setup is not like ours, but we are now experiencing the same issue on one of our WTS.

No matter who tries to log on to JDE from the Citrix Server we get the following errors:
1.) Could not load environment – PD7333
2.) One World could not log you on. Make sure ID is
correct and retype your password.

NOTE: I did this and then we get the following error:
1.) jdecgrt: Unable to retrieve Business View Information –
Application P9881.

Setup for WTS:
NT 4 Sp 6
Citrix Metaframe 1.8
Office 97 (for MS Access)

When I go to the machine and signon directly as a fat client it works properly. It's just signing in through citrix that the problem manifests itself. One irregularity I have seen is that Internet Explorer does not function properly. I don't know if this will have any bearing on the problem or not.

Some other general info:
This machine was used as a spare, and we decided to put it into the production farm just recently. Yesterday, I added it to the production farm, and when I went to test that is when I noticed the problem. I reloaded the prod package, and all subsequent update packages this morning, and retested. Same results. [frown] As I am not a citrix guru, nor an NT guru any suggestions/advise will be greatly apprciated.

TIA

Jeremy,

We occasionally have this issue at my site when a user logs in for the very first time. If the user uses the visual assist thes happens. If the user gets clear out of JDE and logs back on and instead of using the visual assist types in the Env. then thaey are able to login. Once they do this then can either leave the env typed in or clear it out and hit enter instead of using the visual assist.

Do you have JITI turned off in your W env. I think this is what is attributing to the issue.

For our work around we do tell the users to leave the Env. field blank and just click Ok or hit enter or type in the Env. The blank seems to work fine. Give it a try and see what happens.

Cleolai,

Thank you for your prompt response. We do have JITI turned off in the W environment. I have been just typing in the environment, I will try leaving it blank and seeing what happens. I will let you know the results.

Results:
Same as before.
Thank you.

Another thing that you could try is to make sure *PUBLIC has access to P9881and the default environment in the jde.ini is actually installed on the machine you are logging onto. We the same problem and this seemed to resolve it.

Stschatz,

Thank you for your suggestions. Question: If *public did not have access to P9881 would they be allowed to log in at all?

It's a moot point, because *public does have access to P9881, I'm just asking for my knowledge.
The JDE.ini file on the server, has default environment being PD7333, which is what I installed.

I look forward to more suggestions/advise. Thank you.

Back