Index Generation for Files in Co Existant

Sri

Hello All,

I have a question regarding Index Generation in Co Existant Mode.

When we have to add a new index to existing files, we have to generate the indexes again for them right? Well if we do that then One World deletes all the indexes first and then re generates all the indexes including the new one we created.

Now this is ok if the file in question is small. But if we are talking about F4211, F42119 or F0911 files, this process can a take a long time. During that time the One World session and most times your computer is tied up and you cannot go forward until this process is completed..

My Question is is there a Batch Job / UBE available for creation of Indexes by batch?

Or is there a way to create only the NEW Index instead of deleting all the indexes and re generating them again?

Any other way to do it?

Sri,

There is a Report R98407 (Table And Index Creation). you can do some
research on that. and also there is a breaking news on this UBE With SP18.1
WITH one offs.

Prabhaka

Re: RE: Index Generation for Files in Co Existant

Hi Prabhakar,

Yes that UBE is available, but is is meant for copy of Files AND then Index generation. I just want to generate Indexes for a particular file.

In that UBE we have to name the Environment from which the copy of Files is to be done and the Target Environment. Then the UBE would copy the files and then generate the Indexes. I believe This UBE is used only during Installations.

This UBE would not solve my issue I think.

Any more sugestions are welcome.

Sri

Hi SRI,

Check-out document OTI-00-0123. It explains how to use the R98404 to generate indexes in batch.

Hi Adrian,

This is exactly what I needed for the generation of Indexes by Batch on One World. We still want to test the hell out of it before we use it in Production. Will keep everyone informed as to what is happening at our end.

Thank you very much.

Hi Srikant,

I have used this UBE serveral time to regenerate indexes on table that had disappeared. It work great.

RE: RE: Index Generation for Files in Co Existant

Check the UBE R98404 . There should be a Documnet on this one too on KG.

Prabhaka

R9698712 I do not know how it work with AS400 but this is the one I used.
You also modify the JDE.INI on the WS that you will run the index. Must run
locally.
[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section of the jde.ini:

EnablePrimaryKey=1

Thai Nguyen
B7332 SP11.3 NT4, SQL7 SP3

Re: RE: Index Generation for Files in Co Existant

Ha! First thing I notice is that you are on the AS/400 platform. This makes me to answer your question comprehensively.

First, go ahead and add the index to your OneWorld table. This will add the index specs on the OneWorld side so you can start using that new index when you perform your table I-O in the Event Rule without regenerating all the indexes.

Second, use STRSQL on the AS/400 to Create an Index file (logical file) based on the index key fields you defined in the table, for example, DOCO, DCTO and etc. You can name the file index such as F0911_15, F550911LJ or follow your own naming standard.

Note: If you do not have STRSQL, you can create an OS/400 logical file (DDS) with the index key(s) defined and compile it to the data library with correct library list setup.

Let me know if this works for you.

Back