Deployment

Kmcnally

Build a package for both Client and Enterprise sever successfully. When trying to doply package to the Enterprise Server I recieve messages 1. Path Code not defined fro Enterprise server 2. Package has beed periously deplyed.

Has anyone seen this before....I can not IPL the AS400 until the weeklend.

It may be that your machine identification is not set up with the correct environments.

Go to P9654a. Do a find and then open up your Location and enterprise servers by clicking the + sign next to them.
Highlight your enterprise server, click select. From the Form exit, chose environments. Look here to make sure that the environment you are deploying for is present...if it isn't, type it in and click ok. Log out, then try your deployment again.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Hi,

Which environment are you building the package for?

Can you check if that environment has be set-up for that enterprise server. Go to the package build menu. Select Machine idenification program. Click find and select your enterprise server. Click on environments and see if that environment is setup there.

I had a similar problem once when I tried to deploy the package from the Planner Environment. Make sure you are in DEP7333 not JDEPLAN.

Re: RE: Deployment

Jim,

I wasn't part of the original conversation, but I thought I'd let you know that your posting saved my butt today in a major way. We are promoting SP19 and XU5 into production, and after building a full Prod package, the ES deployment crapped out. Error code 107 'Path Code not defined for Enterprise Server' Aaaargh!

Following your suggestion solved the problem. Thanks a million, and thanks to everyone on the List. What an invaluable resource.

Regards,

Back