depreciation calculate

liow

hi list
my problem is that when i execute the R12855(depreciation calculate) in prelim mode all it's fine but when execute the same UBE in final mode i receive the following error message
"ERROR NUMBER: 071W ERROR DESCRIPTION: G/L POST NOT EXECUTED - VERSION BLANK"
thanks in advance
B7331 NT4.0 SQL7.0

That because on the last Processing Option tab of R12855 it asks for what
version of the post program R09801 you want the system to use when posting
the depreciation journal entry. You can post it manually if you want so you
can review the journal entry first.

Dave Schleicher
LOGIS

There's a "Versions" tab in the Processing Options for the version of R12855
you are running. You must enter a version of the G/L Post program (R09801)
that you want the system to use to post the transactions that are generated
when R12855 is run in final mode.

The depreciation program is trying to automatically post your depreciation Journal Entry but the processing option which holds the Posting program version is empty. This should not affect your depreciation JE. Your JE should be waiting in the Journal Review screen as an unposted batch. You should be able post it normally.

Anybody remember how to turn this error off in Xe?

Hi,

Although this is a really really old post, but I decided to reply on it when I also faced the same error for a completely different reason.

If you do not want to automatically post the JEs, you may not want to enter the version for the Post program in the processing option. If you still get this error, the reason may be that you have not done the annual close for the previous year and you are running depreciation for a new year. Therefore, the beginning balances have not been carried forward and thus this error. In such a case, you should do the annual close and this error will disappear.
---------------------------------------------------------
XE on AS/400

Back