Hi list

I recently finish my base installation OneWorld Xe on Advance 2000 Server
using SQL Server 2000.

I think base installment contains only SP 13, please correct me if I am
wrong.

I am using Arabic Language support CD also, for that I already made a plan,
and installed workbench.

After that I made a full package in Dv7333 environment on client and Server
(Enterprise Server), now running on Dell Server 6400 since 13 hours.

Q) To deploy the package, does it need to be approve, last time when I made
the full package DV7333 after 28 hours I found it was not approved, What
should I do to make it approve, so that it can deploy?

Now I have CD B733P18 Service Pack 1 of 1 1/07/2002.
and Xe Update 5 CD.

What backup should I take? Is it complete backup of Deployment Server and
Enterprise Server?

Also I want to know the sequence of installation after base installment,
should I install

A)
1) CD B733P18 Service Pack 1 of 1 1/07/2002
2) make full package Client/Enterprise server both in DV7333 Environment
3) Xe Update 5 CD
OR

B)
1) CD B733P18 Service Pack 1 of 1 1/07/2002.
2) Xe Update 5 CD
3) make full package Client/Enterprise server both in DV7333 Environment

Please help me I am new in this World, and don't know enough?

Secondly I want to know after finishing the base installation, I found
different packages, where we select only DV7333 to create a new full package
Client and server? Is it correct to do so, or do we need to make full
package of each and every environment seperately? Please clear my concept of
packages.

Thanks, curious to know.

To approve the package, go into Package Deployment (on GH9083). Select your package and then press the Activate/Inactivate button on the exit bar (not sure if it is form or row). This will change the Deployment Status setting in the package's package.inf to read "Approved". Now you will see it in an interactive install.

For SP18.1: the instructions will tell you which directories to backup (normally System, Systemcomp, and OneWorld client Install on the deployment server; and system on the enterprise/application servers).

It wouldn't hurt to do a backup of central objects(SQL), and the pathcodes on the deployment server and enterprise/application server. When you install update 5, you can let JDE do a backup but on a big update like update 5 this backup could take a day to run. If it were me, I'd make sure I had good sql backups of the database and windows backups (copy of directories if you have enough space) of the pathcodes on the deployment, enterprise/application servers. Then, I wouldn't use the installs backup.

As for sequence, I'd go with B.

You will need full packages for each environment for your system. A package is basically a group of compiled objects. These objects can be different for each environment (i.e. DV7333 will have objects that a developer is creating and testing, or update 5 might be installed in DV7333, this would mean the obects in DV7333 are different and would have to be compiled into a package for use). Note, you should do a client and server package. A server package is for objects that run (or could run) on the enterprise server.

Hope this helps.

Jim

To approve the package, go into Package Deployment (on GH9083). Select your package and then press the Activate/Inactivate button on the exit bar (not sure if it is form or row). This will change the Deployment Status setting in the package's package.inf to read "Approved". Now you will see it in an interactive install.

For SP18.1: the instructions will tell you which directories to backup (normally System, Systemcomp, and OneWorld client Install on the deployment server; and system on the enterprise/application servers).

It wouldn't hurt to do a backup of central objects(SQL), and the pathcodes on the deployment server and enterprise/application server. When you install update 5, you can let JDE do a backup but on a big update like update 5 this backup could take a day to run. If it were me, I'd make sure I had good sql backups of the database and windows backups (copy of directories if you have enough space) of the pathcodes on the deployment, enterprise/application servers. Then, I wouldn't use the installs backup.

As for sequence, I'd go with B.

You will need full packages for each environment for your system. A package is basically a group of compiled objects. These objects can be different for each environment (i.e. DV7333 will have objects that a developer is creating and testing, or update 5 might be installed in DV7333, this would mean the obects in DV7333 are different and would have to be compiled into a package for use). Note, you should do a client and server package. A server package is for objects that run (or could run) on the enterprise server.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Back