Automated software delivery

jean_driscoll

jean_driscoll

VIP Member
Has anybody tried using any software like Computer Associates or SMS to automatically load OneWorld fat clients? Our network administrator is thinking of buying this software and wanted to know if it could be used for this.

We're looking into Novell Zenworks to do this and other PC upgrades. We haven't tested it for OW. We're a Novell shop.

A lot of companies put local users on Citrix for easier administration especially when it comes to installing full pkg.

We are a Novell shop as well, and have the ZenWorks product. Currently, I am in the middle of testing full package roll outs to fat clients (we have 500 to do when we have a package roll-out). So far it's working great and my testers can't find any problems with it. Not to mention that we are on OW Release B73.2.1 so it's really an accomplishment that this is working! Thanks.

Diane, can you tell me how you are deploying this full package using ZenWorks? We have this software here, but I thought I could not use it for OneWorld because of the licensing process.
Thank You.
Robson

Back