Citrix Logon Error

tdavis

We are having a problem with our Citrix Server not allowing users to log onto JDE.

No matter who tries to log on to JDE from the Citrix Server we get the following errors:
1.) Could not load environment – PY7333
2.) One World could not log you on. Make sure ID is
correct and retype your password.

NOTE: I did this and then we get the following error:
1.) jdecgrt: Unable to retrieve Business View Information –
Application P9881.

We are in Prototype mode with a Go Live date on Thursday. The Citrix server has been working fine until about 2 days ago. We did deploy a new full package on Saturday, which work on our thick (FAT) clients just fine.

Our setup is as follows:
JDE-Xe SP17 running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Oracle 8i.
Citrix Metaframe XP on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Also, we are converting from B7332 on Oracle 8.0.6. This system is in Prod and working fine. We are doing table conversions and data refreshes along the way. None so far have created a problem but I thought you should be aware.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Go directly to the Citix server and try to log into JDE. You should have an
Icon on the desktop. If you can not get in then something happened to the
package install. Joy

Do you have Security Server turned on?

Xe, SP 17.1_E1, Update 2, ES=AS/400 V5R1, CO=AS/400, Thick & Citrix Clients

Few tips
* Make sure that Oracle connect string for PY environment has been defined properly on Citrix server.... use the command tnsping80 <databaseName>.

* Sometime this problem also occurs when the password expires and user try to change its password.. this is a known bug with JDE... make sure this is not the case.

Hope this help
Vivek Mohan
XE update 3, Service pack 18.1_D1
Oracle 8.1.7.3.0

Check the security section in the JDE.INI, it sounds like that is the problem. Also, make sure the Citrix servers can get to the security server and the profile on all levels is active.

Thanks everyone for the help. As it turns out, the Oracle 8i Client on the Citrix Terminal server “became” corrupted. (Really looks like some of the files were deleted) I un-installed Oracle 8i and reinstalled 8i and everything is happy again.

We found the error by trying to log into SQL Plus and the computer did not find the file.

Thanks!

Back