Security

sally

Hi Jdelist,

I am trying to add another menu called Open orders P4310
(RPURCH04) to PROJECTS group , having set the Action security and
Application security for
P4310 like the other groups that have Open orders , the users in the
projects group still unable to see the menu listed . I have completely
logged on and off so many times, checking security and still no joy.
Why is it I can add open orders to say FINANCEA/P group and able to see the
menu and not able to see in PROJECTS group? I don't understand why a
straight forward task is becoming so difficult .

Is there anything else I need to check out for the project group to
see the menu?

Kind Regards

Sally

Sally Owen - IT Department
Racal Instruments Ltd
480 Bath Rd
Slough
Berks
SL1 6BE

Tel No: 01628 604455 ext 3791 or ERP 3562
Mobile : 07789 652487
Mailto : [email protected]

Are you using Solution explorer or OW explorer?

You need to put your system configuration (platform, version, SP etc) in your signature.

We are using OW explorer , What did you mean about putting my system configuration in my signature ? I have never done this before .

Regards

Sally

Notice my signature and that of CHO, the previous respondent to your post. By listing the configuration of your environment, you help everyone else to help you.

Eric Kempter, in my response to Sally, my configuration auto-signature appears on the web site when I view the thread, but it wasn't included in the distributed email. What's up with that?

Whoooooops Sorry folks , my configuration is OneWorld Xe B733.3 SP 14 Citrix XP 1.0 Citrix/Fat
Win2k/NT/win2000.

Another update on this issue, I used the OW search tab to find Open Orders and it was listed there as Projects open orders menu when I double clicked on it , it actually appeared in the explorer as part of the Projects group user with all other menus right hand side , but not shown in left side of explorer.

So why is it hidden ? Why can I not see Open Orders in the explorer ? when any other group the menu is listed in the left hand side with all the other menus .

Regards

Sally

OneWorld Xe B733.3 SP 14 Citrix XP 1.0
Win95 \ NT \ Win2K

Did you add the new menu to an existing menu? For instance, if the menu is within the G43 (Procurement) menu, the open order menu should be in G43 menu.

Managed to eventually sort this issue out . Our documentation is a load of rubbish . There was no such group called projects , it was called rproj04 for the users main menu. So having set the additional menu in it did not exist .

Sorry folks ignore this issue , it is done.

Regards

Sally

Back