5516/3940 Wed Apr 10 15:23:52 2002 jdekinit602
KNT0000032 - InitEnv on server RIL_ENT failed

5516/3940 Wed Apr 10 15:23:52 2002 JDEOBJ258
COB0005000 - FAILOVER! All BSFNs mapped to RIL_ENT will now run on
the LOCAL machine.

Any information would be much appreciated , We are on OneWorld.Xe
version , Service pack 14 , majority of the users are on Windows 95 , is
there
any problems with our Enterprise Server since RIL_ENT is mentioned ?

Kind Regards

Sally

Sally Owen - IT Department
Racal Instruments Ltd
480 Bath Rd
Slough
Berks
SL1 6BE

Tel No: 01628 604455 ext 3791 or ERP 3562
Mobile : 07789 652487
Mailto : [email protected]

One question:

Are your users able to get into OneWorld on Citrix at all? And if so, then does it take a long time to log in?

Your problem could be any of several things, and we should go over the sequence of events to determine what it happening with your setup.

Yes all users can get in to Citrix after the second or third attempt . It does not take along time to log in but users have complained how slow the system is running . One of the errors was Cannot connect to the Citrix server. Unable to contact the Citrix Server Browser. Either your network is not functional, or you need to configure an address under Server Location (this is done already) , or the configured address is incorrect. And another message "error in connection , please try again later" users seem to be completely logged out of OneWorld for no reason . Is our Enterprise Server not responding ? I would very much like to do some sort of check list with you , this would help me find out what the coarse is .

Thanks for your help.

Sally

Sally,

You have two seperate problems, which may have the same cause.

The first is a Citrix problem, a failure to connect etc. is almost certainly a Citrix browser problem. Regular reboots of the machine is a help, I generally set the servers to reboot every night. Other than that its normally a network problem.

Your other problem is a distributed logic problem. When the client sessions connect in a 'W' environment they are mapped to run logic on the server. If, forwhatever reason, this fails then the business functions will fall back to local. Often this will take 30 seconds and may be a network problem. If you are getting security server timeouts then this confirms either a problem on the server or a communication issue.

Given that you have both errors happening at the same time, I would look at the netwrok first...

Paul beat me to it. Look at your network problems first.

Do you have other applications running on the Citrix server? Try creating a published app for Excel or something like that and see if you get the same Citrix connection problems.

Sally,

I have seen the same thing with Citrix. This generally occurs when the user disconnects from Citrix rather than logging off. The fix for the "Cannot connect to the Citrix server. Unable to contact the Citrix Server Browser" message is to have the user open the Citrix program neighborhood, highlight the Icon that is not reponding, then click on the REFRESH button. This will reestablish the connection to Citrix.

Gregg Larkin
North American CNC, Praxair, Inc
OW XE SP16.1 Update 2, Win2k Clustered Enterprise Servers
SQL 2K, Citrix Metaframe XP

Back