Deleting an object in OMW

echeng

I am trying to delete an object in DV7333. I had it in a project with status 26. When I try to delete the object, it said error deleting object. This object doesn't exist in any other projects.

Is there a backdoor I can delete it?

Looks like a problem with your activity rules, check what is allowed at
STATUS 26, if delete is allowed check pathcodes, if it is not allowed, and
you want it to be then add it. Otherwise find a status where delete is
allowed - eg 21 and set the project to that.

By default Status 26 is for QA and testing, so no updates etc are allowed.

So no back door should be required, just status changes. You can set the
project back to Status 26 after you have finished.

OW733.3 Xe SP 14.2
Enterprise Server - Intel NT + Oracle 8.0.6
Client - Citrix TSE + 4 NT PC's for development

I'm pretty sure you have to move the project back to status 21 in order to
manipulate any of the objects it contains.

Mike
XE AS/400 SP18

Hello Charles,
I've had the same problem, OMW not being able to delete an object (TBLE, APPL or UBE), while in a project at status 21.
The Delete process stopped at Request Token activity rule.
Any idea is welcome.
Thanks,
Adrian Chimirel
PS I had to manually delete it (within Oracle, for the TBLE, and/or the records in OL/OMW tables F9860/F9861/F98220, if my memory serves me well).

I just tested deleting an object at project 21. It was successful.

Stupid questions, but I have to ask. Do you have active activities rules set up for deletion at status 21? Have you try using "remove object from all locations" option?

ECHENG's original post specified that the object was at status 26. The only status you are supposed to be able to delete from is 21 or 11. 226 indicates the project is in QA Test/Review.

Thx. It worked now

Xe with SP 14.1
AS400, 2 Window2000 Application Servers
Citrix MetaFrame with VPN

1 Yes, you may see the attachment, and
2 Yes, again. The same result!
Thanks,
Adrian Chimirel

Attachments

• 33462-My Prj Status 21 ARules.doc
    101 KB · Views: 100
Re: ECHENG

Another stupid question that has to be asked: do you have the token for the object?

Re: Adrian

What is the error you are getting? A couple of other places to check are the OMW logging for the object (what messages are there?), and do you have a role in the project that allows you to delete an object?

Another set of question for ECHENG:

I see your signature says you are at SP14.1. Have you applied any Updates (specifically Update 2 or above)?

If you have not applied any Updates or only applied Update 1, have you applied ESU JD7888? This ESU contains fixes for OMW that are very helpful.

Kenneth,
No Error so far; when checking the OMW log, you see ONE line only, which is a request for token (now this is funny, considering ALL objects get the token from the housing project).
If the object was NOT deployed on the ES, the Delete works fine!
And, yes, I have a role (Developer) that allows me to delete an object (so far),
AND the same problem has JDE (the default PVC Administrator),
and our CNC person.
Thanks,
Adrian Chimirel
PS All questions are allowed on this Forum, and NONE is to be considered stupid, ever :)

So, you have rights, your project has the token, and it only logs a request for the token ...

What is the log detail for the token request? Is it "Token assigned to Project," or does it stop because it cannot get the token?

Yes, it stops. You ask " ... because it cannot get the token?", however OMW shows the object's icon in COLOR, which is supposed to mean that, that particular object ALREADY HAS the token. An I did a lot of tests to get the precious token, i.e. I did a:
a) Get (both from default -DV- pathcode & from PY),
b) Check-Out (both),
c) Check-Out followed by an Erase Check-Out
The same result! I did NOT however went into F98220, or anywhere else, OL, I don't know, to verify the token flag value. Do you know where it is?
Thanks,
Adrian Chimirel

Re: RE: Deleting an object in OMW

Would you share with us exactly what made it work now?

RE: RE: Deleting an object in OMW

I put it in status 21 and was able to delete it.

Xe with SP 14.1
AS400, 2 Window2000 Application Servers
Citrix MetaFrame with VPN

Aargh!!! This is the point where I would usually start asking for debug logs ... :)

Back