Uploading journals

Anna_Belsey

Hi, I'm trying to find a way of uploading journals from MS Excel into World A7.3. I can't find anything from the JDE site so any input gratefully received.
I'm using A73 World cum 12
thanks

Anna

Don't mess around with the JDE upload - use the ODBCFace utility. We've been using it for a while now and it's saved us $$$$$. Check out www.odbcface.com for details.

Nanda

We're on A7.3, cum 9 and use the z-batch programs without a problem. I haven't used the ODBC functionality, so don't know how it compares. G09311 is the menu for the upload process. You need to save your file in a fixed length format, upload it to the AS400 then use the programs at G09311. First you print out the source file, and use that to help you create a map that tells the system which fields are in what position in the file. Then run the conversion program that creates the z-batch file. Review the file and then run the batch creation program to convert the z-batch to an actual JE. There is some set-up in the programs. I'd be happy to walk you through in more detail. E-mail me at [email protected]

Back