QM Sampling

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
[frown]
Hi Lists,
I have posted this early this month but still like to know how you solve the problem if you face the same issues.
Client is implementing the QM module but found the system sampling method is very simple (fixed or percentage). They have their logic/rules to do the sampling and it is more complicated than system can provide.
Bisides, they also have the rules to record the numbers of test results which can be different from number of sample picked. Can system also support this function ?
I do not know should suggest them to customize these functions or just gave up the QM. Any comments are welcomed !
Regards,
John Hsiao

Hi John,

System allows the user to use their own sampling system. In such
case the user should provide the no of samples, sample percentage
and the sample no. also. Even at the time of entering the results
you can ad up the new samples on real time basis.

I don't know whether this information is of some help to you or
not. If you can clarify further more, we will discuss on this.

Rajesh

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 hsiao_te_wang wrote :

Hi Rajesh,
Thanks for the information but what you mean "their own sampling system" ?
In details, my client decide the numbers of samples is not on a fixed number nor fixed percentage of lot size which system provided. They use different percentage for different lot size and also, they sent the vendors in four category and each one has own rules how many samples should pick for test. Basically, they use the performance to put the vendors in different categories. The performance depends on how many consecutive lots purchasing with no defects.
Well, it is a little complecated and I am look for the workaround before to go to the mods.
Regards,
John

Back