Generating Serialized Objects

mdinello

I'm having trouble generating serialized objects. I'm able to log into the eGenerator (In all my J environments). I'm able to connect to my web server server through eGenerator. When I attempt to generate tables and business views, I'm receiving the following error:

Error: Unable to connect to JAS.

I'm given the option to restart or exit. Restarting starts the eGenerator in Auto Gen mode. But Auto Gen does not do anything.

It seems that the generation goes as far as generating locally, but when it tries to upolad the queued objects to the server, that is when I receive the message.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

What is your configuration? Have you tried generating directly to the database? Make sure the classpaths are correct in the GEN.BAT file. Also, make sure you have the correct JDBC drivers installed.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I have tried generating directly. The classpath is correct and JDBC drivers are loaded and correct.

However, I was able to solve this issue. Up until yesterday, DNS was not running anywhere on the network. Therefore, the client was using the hosts file to resolve server connections. DNS was just configured yesterday and we moved the generation machine to DNS. Now, voila, I can generate objects successfully. Strange, but it works now for some reason. Must be something to do with how the name is resolved and how OneWorld recognizes it.

Thanks.

Mark

Back