SPC and SP17.1

graham_jones

Can anyone tell me what the Security Revision value relates to on the P98SEC Reset Server Security screen. We need to apply a new SPC in the next few days but we were told to apply ESU JD13938 because we are B7332 and SP17.1_E1. JDE insist that this value should have moved us from 4 to 7 but it hasn't. Help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Graham
B7332 / SP17.1_E1 / Oracle 8

Yeah, they told me that too. We're at security revision 4 NOT 7. I
relicensed before this ESU came out. It took a while to figure out but I
could not relicense from the DEPB733 or JDEPLAN environments. I had to log
into CRP on a workstation to do it - hence the ESU. When this ESU came out I
installed it and low and behold we're still at security revision 4.

Colin

B733.2 SP17.1_I1
Intel/NT/2000/Oracle 8.1.7.1
WTS & FAT

Ever since SP16 and above, there has been an ESU required so that OneWorld could recognize the new Security Revision numbers.

You must apply this ESU before you input your new SPC.

Forgot to say ...

The Security Revision numbers relate to the scheme they use to generate authorization codes for you. It used to be that you had to type in only 2 fields for the authorization code.

With Security Revision 7 (SP17 and above), you have to type in 3 fields. You should have seen this when you installed the base SP software on the Deployment Server.

The ESU just modifies the OneWorld client so it can recognize the new way of doing things.

Just found this post and realised it may apply to us. We are on B7331 and are planning to try and install SP20 in the next few months. Do we need SAR 5786583 because it says we must download ESU JD13938, but being on B7331 we cannot apply ESU's.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Back