Package Build Failing

hicksd

Hi,

We are in an ASP environment and our technical folks keep encountering an error and can't build the package. (I'm a BSA).

This is the error messages they are encountering......

1500-030: INFORMATION: CreateAndUpdateF4812AndF4812H: Additional optimization may be attained by recompiling and specifying MAXMEM option with a value greater than 4096.
cc: 1501-230 Internal compiler error; please contact your Service Representative

1500-030: INFORMATION: UpdateItemProcessData: Additional optimization may be attained by recompiling and specifying MAXMEM option with a value greater than 4096.
cc: 1501-230 Internal compiler error; please contact your Service Representative

any one have any ideas?

thanks
Dan

Dan :

Where do these errors appear?
On a server package? A client package?
What's your platform?

Sebastian

Re: RE: Package Build Failing

The server package is the problem.

We are OW Xe, sp 17.1 update 3

What platform are you on? I have seen this in multiple case on a RS6000.

Have you been able to build a server package before?

Try making the following changes to your JDE.INI

[BSFN BUILD]
OptimizationFlags=
SimultaneousBuilds=1

If these changes don't work you can try increasing the amount of memory available for the ccom job on the server. Unfortunately the only way to increase the memory available is to rebuild the kernel, which means bringing down the server and rebooting.

i believe they have built packages before not entirely sure (we are with an ASP) and just upgraded to Xe 5 mos ago. Yes it is an RS6000.....how did you overcome the problem?

The MAXMEM stuff is just informational, and not causing the problem. The real problem is the "Internal compiler error".

You probably need to give the compiler more memory, and you can do this by changing the "data" and "rss" parameters in /etc/security/limits for the user that's running OneWorld.

Some OW BSFNs are too large to compile with the default values.

You can try a couple of things.

1) change the simultaneousbuilds=1 in the jde.ini on the ent server.

2) Increase your OS kernel parameters (there is a document on the KDE KG)

3) Set your compilerflags similar to this in your [BSFN BUILD] section of your ini.

CompilerFlags=-qalign=natural -qflag=I:I -c -qspill=16384 -qmaxmem=159744

hope this helps.

Mark

thanks for everyones posts, they resolved the issue and here is what they did for everyones reference in case you come across this same problem........

We did bump up the memory settings in the
/etc/security/limits, but this did not solve our problem. We did get this info from JDE last Friday, but builds kept failing. Our setting were ALL at -1 which mean NO MAX. Below is what JDE recommended.

defaults:
fsize = 2097151
core = 2097151
cpu = -1
data = 262144
rss = 65536
stack = 65536
nofiles = 2000

Back