Upgrading updates

SULLY1

VIP Member
Are there any instructions on how to upgrade production with an Update i.e. Update 5. We have upgraded PY7333 and applied Update 5 to PY7333. During go-live we will need to run table conversion and control table merge for Update 5. I know Update 5 is new but the process is probably the same as Update 3 or 4.

When I create my custom plan for PD7333 will Update 5 be included automatically or will I need to add PD7333 to the existing XU5 plan?

Patty

Sounds like you are in the middle of upgrading to Xe, and you have PY in Xe, but Production in an older release?

If so, then when it comes time to bring up Production to Xe, the procedure includes a step to copy all of Central Objects from PY to PD. Since it is a complete copy, Update 5 will go into Production.

If this is not the case, then this link on the Knowledge Garden

https://knowledge.jdedwards.com/jdecontent/customerknowledge/knowledge/otm-02-0002.htm

will show JDE's recommendation on how to promote Updates from PY to PD.

Kenneth

Thanks for the reply. I am in the middle of upgrading XE. I know the specs will get copied when I move PY7333 to PD7333 but XU5 has tables conversions and control table merge.

Patty

In that case, you definitely want to look at the link I typed in my last reply.

I will try to upload it, but if I'm unsuccessful, please see the KG link above.

Attachments

• 33277-otm-02-0002.htm
    54.9 KB · Views: 86
Nuts ... can't attach more than one file (or I haven't figured out how to attach more than one file. I will try to E-mail you direct ...

Never mind ... I found WinZip on the PC I'm currently using. Here is a Zip file with the KG document and the .GIF and .JPG files that it uses. Unzip this into one directory, and view the HTML with your favorite browser.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• 33279-Promoting Updates.zip
    107.7 KB · Views: 68
Back