PR Deductions

KSmithCPA

Reputable Poster
Should flat $ amount deductions recognize anual limits? I have set up a new DBA code to accomidate the higher 401k limit for employees over 50. The HR manager wanted it to be a flat $ amount, but it does not stop at the $1,000 limit I set up on the DBA. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, That amount DBAs should be recognizing the annual limit. Do you have anything in the group code field of the Deduction set up? Is this DBA set up as a goup plan (union) and if so is there a limit at that level of set up? How about a limit at the employee DBA instructions level?

Scott

I do not have anything in the DBA group code field. I wanted this to be independent of the other 401k deduction limits. No limit on the employee DBA instructions. It works perfectly if I change it from a flat dollar amount to a percentage based on gross but that's not what the HR manager requested.

I'm stumped.

Ken,

I tested in my environment (update 1) on an AS/400 and it worked just fine. Do you have a limit method on your DBA? Has this happened in more than one payroll? Did this payroll cross months?

If you have exhausted all this, I appologize. I am just trying to get more information to help out troubleshooting your issue because it should work just fine.

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the help. I decided to set up a new DBA code and it seems to be working. I believe when the HR manager and I were setting this code up, we copied one of the exsisting 401k DBA codes and then tried to change it. We must have missed something.

Just knowing that it was working at another site was a BIG help. Thanks again.

Back