How to Change One World password "JDE"

yangdayong

How to Change One World password \"JDE\"

Can someone tell me how to change "JDE" Password?
And How it affact?
regards
yangdy

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿü:¢æ†Šÿüg­Ê‹«~·žÿ&¡¢Ü¢fv·¬±«a¶ÚÿÿùšŠ_òj(ýÊ&

Re: How to Change One World password \"JDE\"

Which JDE account do you want to change the password for?
1) The OneWorld Account?
2) The Enterprise Server O.S. Account?
3) The Deployment Server N.T. Account?
4) The database account?

By the way - always include your configuration information in your postings - this greatly increases the chance of your getting help on an issue.

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11.0, Oracle SE 8.0.5

If you are trying to "lock down" your system by taking the jde/jde sign-on out of it, here is my solution.

1 - Don't remove jde/jde until you have implemented and tested everything else I put here.

2 - Decide on a completely new system sign-on (ADMIN/XYZ) that you want to use.

3 - Create network login for ADMIN. Copy the JDE sign-on to get all the permissions the same.
4 - Create database login for ADMIN on all databases. Again, copy the JDE login to get identical access.
5 - Create a OneWorld signon for ADMIN by copying JDE.
6 - It's a good idea to add a row in the OneWorld security app to grant ADMIN the right to run everything. (I always add this for the administrator in case I accidently lock *PUBLIC out of too much. This lets me get in to fix it.)

Start testing with a single OW user (USER1). In the security setup for USER1, change the system user and password to ADMIN/XYZ. Then try to sign on as USER1. Test getting in to applications, submitting UBEs to run on the server, etc...basic surface testing. Try to hit all the datasources for each environment. This will let you know that you got the database logins right.

Continue with a few more tests and remove JDE/JDE along the way...

7 - Sign on the the enterprise server as ADMIN/XYZ. Can you stop and start services with this sign-on?

8 - Change the jde.ini on the enterprise server to use ADMIN/XYZ instead of JDE/JDE. Can you still stop and start services? Submit jobs to run on the server?

9 - Run the OneWorld password application. Change the system user/password for all users (there is a checkbox) to ADMIN/XYZ. Test a few more signons and surface test.

10 - Remove jde/jde machine and network logins. Can users still signon and run in oneworld? Can ADMIN start and stop all services successfully? Does porttest run on enterprise server?

11 - Remove jde/jde database logins. Retest everything in #4 above.

I believe that is all. I'm sure someone will write and correct me if not. I strongly recommend this gradual change and test approach as it can be very time consuming to figure out what you missed if you try to do it all at once and miss something. Note that if after step #9, your users have any issues, you quickly change the system user back while you troubleshoot.

good luck...

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

How to Change One World password \"JDE\"

Hi,
We want to change OW account "JDE" 's password.also if possible change
database accout "PRODDTA" account 's PAssword.
B7332/DEPLOY NT /Enter prise as400/ESU411642
regards

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 3:02 AM
Subject: Re: How to Change One World password "JDE" ~~2342:2443

> Which JDE account do you want to change the password for?
> 1) The OneWorld Account?
> 2) The Enterprise Server O.S. Account?
> 3) The Deployment Server N.T. Account?
> 4) The database account?
>
> By the way - always include your configuration information in your postings - this greatly increases the chance of your getting help on an issue.
>
>
> Larry Jones
> [email protected]
> OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
> HPUX 11.0, Oracle SE 8.0.5
> --------------------------
> Visit the forum to view this thread at:
> http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=2443
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
>
>

Just as an FYI, this type of question would probably get a lot more knowledgeable answers on the OneWorld/XE list than on the developer list. There are a lot more CNC and DBA folks there.

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

Back