SP18.1 and Update 4

ChrisHall

I have to apply SP18.1, SP18.1_D1 and Update 4 to both our systems. Has anyone applied these to similar configurations to ours and identified any issues. We have central objects on the AS/400 and when I applied Update 3 the spec merges took 48 hours for each environment.

Configurations:-
AS/400, V5R1, DB2/400
Win2K/Citrix XP/Fat Clients

Xe, Single-Byte, Coexistent, Sp17, Update 3
and
Xe, Double-Byte, Non-Coexistent, Sp13 (just installed)

Thanks,

I just applied SP 18.1 and Update 5 this week. We were on SP16.1,
Update 2. Our spec merge took about 6 hours per environment.

Stacy
Xe, W2K, SQL2K, SP18.1, Upd 5

We applied SP18.1_d1 on our production and test servers. Update 4 is in
Dev and PY.

The major thing we've noticed and it is attributed to sp18.1 is the PO
(R43500) has no footer space at the bottom and the lines run to the very
bottom of the page, overlaying type at the bottom of the form.

We found out from JDE that they've eliminated the unused space at the end reports which have
subsection join/child section as part of SAR#5495250.

So now we are redoing our reports.

Sue
production: Xe sp18.1, Update 3, Oracle 8.1.6, NT4 sp6a
test: Xe sp18.1, Update 4, Oracle 8.1.7, NT4 sp6a

There is a minor problem with Update 4 and SP18.1. The table conversions don't run properly and give you a memory violation.

The Knowledge Garden recommends you stay at SP18 base, run Update 4, then go ahead and apply SP18.1.

Unfortunately, if Update 3 took 2 days for spec merge, Update 4 will take even longer since it accumulates 3 more months worth of ESUs ... :-(

BTW, don't forget to apply JD14380 so you have the latest Planner ESU.

Hi Kenneth/List,

The table conversions not running properly are a major concern to us. We've just applied SP18.1 and the one off's and are looking to apply Update 4 very soon, however the TC's are crucial for our go-live. Has anyone else had this problem. Have you spoken to JDE. Is there a fix?

Regards

Neil.

Yeap !......
What AS400 cum level are you on ?

On V5R1 base .... that's the symptom .... Apply the latest cum if you are on this platform...Spec merge should take 3 hours per env

The workaround was to install the current SP, install JD14380, then back track the System directory on the Deployment Server to an earlier SP release.

Now run Update 4.

After Update 4 is complete, you can bring back your newer System directory with the latest SP.

We are on V5R1M0 Cume TC02071, but when I applied update 3 we were on a V4R5 Cume. Sorry for the long delay in replying.

Beware of the One off install the As400...Tables and programs will be updated , but job ends in error trying to install *svrpgm not needed .

What is the CPW of the box, my builds take 8 hours..CPW is over 1000?

Would you have any idea on what the user profiles JDE and Oneworld sould be? I have been told Qsecofr and I do not like that.

Whenever I configure a profile for the AS/400, I find that they work best with *PGMR user class, special authority of *ALLOBJ and *JOBCTL, and grant *CHANGE object authority to *PUBLIC.

And if you configure a user profile as a sign-on security alias, then the initial menu can be *SIGNOFF so it can only be used for ODBC access, and it can't get a session.

Hope this was what you were looking for ...

Back