MRP Planning Messages

andrewh

Hi this is my first post - please be gentle with me!!
We are having an issue with MRP/DRP in that intermittently some items do not get planned Purchase orders put against them even when there is defiite demand . Sometimes the messages can be made to appear by re running the MRP/DRP programs again specificaly for that item but ti doesn't work all the time. Does any one know if this is a bug or is it indicative of a set up issue for some items?
HELP!!
XE, Update 1 plus many ESU's, NT platform.

Do you have the shop floor calender set up? I would look at your set ups first. We are preparing for our go live date of June. I remember this happening to us - and I believe we discovered that you needed a branch/plant of ALL set up along with a shop floor calender. Then I would make sure the item master/branch plant(s) have these items planned by mrp. Don't feel bad - I just found out about this site this week so I am a "newbie" as well. Let me know if this works.

Hi Andrew,

I am not sure if this is really the solution but when i read your problem i get the feeling that you're using the net change functionality of MRP/DRP ? If this is the case, please note that the system will only plan an item IF the net change flag is activated ! Normally this flag is only activated if you for instance reschedule a message ! However, if you still want an item to be included in the net change MRP/DRP, use the P4302 (net change overview). With this inquiry you can first check if the net change flag is activated, if not you can manually switch it to active.

If this all doesn't help or is not the case, don't hesitate to reply again.

Try running the Integrity analysis program P30601 from G3031. This resets the low level codes which MRP uses. MRP runs from the highest to lowest code and if it isn't set correctly, it may not look at the parts demand if in a bill of material.

Integrity analysis report is a good idea. I usually run after any data conversions, restructuring of bills, and during implementation testing after every re-fresh in each environment.

Thanks for your reply Lori. We do have a Shop Floor calendar set up and we do have the Item Master/Branch Plant(s) set up for these items to be planned by MRP. We do not however have a Branch Plant of ALL set up - did this cause you to have intermittent problems though or did it cause it to fall over across the board?
Regards
Andrew

We had several what seemed to be unrealated issues pop up until we set up the Branch Plant "ALL" I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the Branch Plant "ALL" but I do know if you don't have it set up - it will cause you issues in areas you wouldn't think. It has been quite a while since we had the issue - but I do know it is recomended as part of your initial set up. Once we had the "All" set up - many of our MRP message problems were resolved.

Did you need to set up a Shop Floor calendar for the Branch Plant ALL or is just the Branch Plant itself what is required?

We set up the branch plant "all" like it was a normal branch plant - shop floor calender included.

Re: Branch/Plant "ALL"

This must be the oldest undocumented feature in the nook. You will find problems across Mfg & Dist if you don't have this setup. Be careful that *PUBLIC has access to Business Unit "ALL" in the Row Security if you are using that kind of thing...

Anyway, more specifically, there is a SAR I found on the KG a while back, concerning SF Calendar and P3411. We experienced problems in DRP where the Transfer order Messages were generated but you could only see them from one B/P. We couldn't reproduce it in Demo and neither could JDE. Apparently the reason was found later... You need the Shop Floor Calendar setting up for B/P ALL. No, don't ask me why it works, but it does.

I always find that it is helpful to look in UTB at the F3411 to check whether the messages are there or not. Always keep in mind Row security...

Back