Report from PD to PY

m_powell

Hello List

One of my users has created a report in PD and I want to do some testing based on that report in our PY environment.

Could anyone please let me know if it can be "promoted" back to PY?

Many thanks

Malcolm

B733 XE SP16.1 AS400 OS V4R5

Hi Malcolm

I would do just an advanced get from PD whilst logged in to PY (use the first row exit as opposed to the little hand icon).

Rgds,

Yes, if you set up OMW transfer rules to do this.

It is however simpler to just get it from PD while logged into PY.

Malcolm,

An advanced Get will work for this, however you will not get any of the versions that associated with this UBE. I would recommend setting up "temporary" transfer rules to perform a demotion of the UBE and Its versions.

You may also want to look into changing the allowed actions, so that users can't check UBE's into PD.

Regards,

Andy

Set up project at status 40 (PD development). Change the status to 41 (PD transfer to PY). Make sure that the rules are set up at status 41. The default transfer rules for status 41 that were shipped with Xe are wrong. Change the rules to transfer objects from PD to PY.

If you have not modified your OMW rules from the original, then your report should have been checked into DV automatically.

Can you run the report in PD only locally, or on the server? If the former, then you likely have the default OMW rules. If the latter, then you likely have modifications.

If you find that the object does indeed exist in DV, then you should be able to go through the normal promotion process of moving the status of the project from 21 to 26, and that will move the object into PY.

Back