P4310 and Obsolete Vendors

JohnEcc

When our suppliers become unauthorised vendors we change the search type to 'OB' (Obsolete) and insert a 'CLOSED' in the vendor alpha description but how do we prohibit our purchase orderers from continuing to select these address numbers at P4310 time. Of course we need to keep these suppliers on the system for historical reporting. Appreciate any help.

Hi John,

I had this issue at one of my clients as well. We ended up creating a new UDC listing all 'Allowed' search types and validating the selected address book record against it in a small P4310 mod.

Good luck,

John,

You can innactivate the suppliers using the Item Restrictions field in the Supplier Master file. That field is in the "Purchasing 2" tag. If you chose the value "I" and do not include any item in the Item Restrictions screen (Supplier Master Form menu), then the users will not be allowed to load purchase orders to those vendors.
The user will see an error message: "Item has purchasing restrictions" and the purchase order cannot be entered in JDE.

Francisco Cervantes

Thanks for that Francisco,
unfortunately by far the majority of our obsolete vendors are non stock suppliers of services etc.. so item restrictions wouldn't apply.
Looks like I may need to go down the 'small P4310 mod' route suggested by Sef,

cheers,
John

Just a thought, you might try setting the business unit value, MCU, to an
"obsolete" or bogus business unit in the address book. Row security on file
F0101 could be used to secure your purchasing group/people from viewing the
address numbers for this business unit.

I haven't tried this but it might work for your need.

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

Re: RE: P4310 and Obsolete Vendors

Walt, you are the man!
Used your row security suggestion to prohibit our various user groups from selecting address records set up as type 'OB'. Don't need to set up a separate Business Unit. It even works when you enter the address number direct into the Supplier field on the P4310 as opposed to using the look up.

Thanks again
John Eccleton

Back