Project Time Entry and Business Units charged to

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
We would like to create a project with a pay type so that the G/L account charged for Time Accounting will use the project's Charge-To Business Unit instead of the employee's Home Business Unit. What we've found is that the employee's Home Business Unit is always being used. Is there some special setup we need to do for the project pay type and/or the project itself that will allow us to do this?

Don, I'm not sure I fully understand your question. But the first place I would look is your AAI's. Could you provide a little more detail or some kind of example?

Ken,

Here's the setup that I hope will clarify my issue:

From P069043 (AAI's - Debit-Labor Billing/Equipment), we've setup
Pay type (alias PDBA) = 8, with
Journal Type (FRTY) = LD,
Business Unit (MCU) = blank,
Obj Acct (OBJ) = 5060,
Sub (SUB) = blank.

The employee setup is for:
Employee # 280 with
Home Business Unit (HMCU) = 450,
Security Business Unit (MCU) = 450.

The project is setup as:
Project # 8318000 with
Charge to BU (MCU) = 310.

The Project Time Entry entered is for:
Employee # = 280,
Project # = 83108000,
Pay Type = 8.

We'd like to charge to go to account # 310.5060 (based on the project Charge to BU), but instead is going to account # 450.5060 (based on the employee's business unit).

So, is there a way to set up the AAI's to use the project business unit instead of the employee business unit?

Don,

One option is to put the charge to business unit in the account number field followed by a "." . Example 310. This will bring in the appropriate object account from the AAI's but use the business unit you specify. The other option is to put 310 in the job location field in the timecard. I am going to explore a 3rd option but give these two a try. You should get your desired results without additional set up.

Scott

Senior HRM Consultant

Back