arrearage

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Hello all,

Does anyone out there use arrearage? If so, how does the numbers show on the payroll register if there is not enough money to cover the deductions?

For example, we have an employee who only earned 26.65, however all the deductions that appear on the register total over $100. We don't seem to think this is right. Can anyone shed any light on this for us?

Thank you.

Nice job. Hope we get some responses. Keep me posted. Thanks. Randy
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 10:22 AM
Subject: arrearage

the payroll register if there is not enough money to cover the deductions?
deductions that appear on the register total over $100. We don't seem to
think this is right. Can anyone shed any light on this for us?

CO: AS/400
Deploy: NT
TS: Citrix

Jeremy,

What are some of the arreage rules on the DBA's?

Are overpayments (9997) being created?

Are you getting Arreage messages in your message que from the payroll workbench?

Scott
Senior Workforce Management Consultant

Scott,

Thank you for replying.
The arrearge rules are 98% of the time as an 'R' - full or partial as needed with limits. 2% of the time as an 'P' - full or partial as needed.

This is the first time we ever saw a DBA of 9997 - so yes, one was created. We do not want this. We want an arrearge amount showing in the DBA history, and being pulled only when there is enough gross. Not being taken as an overpayment.

Yes, there was/is an arreage message in the message que on the payroll workbench.

Jeremy,

Your DBA's that have an arreage rule of P will generate the 9997 if there is not enough pay to take the deduction instead of placing the amounts in arrears.

To answer your original question, the register should only show the deductions that were actually taken out of the employees checks and should not include the amounts that are being placed in arrears. Based on your original post you have something going on with your register.

Do you have an benefits or accruals set up to print?

Scott

Scott,

----You said----
Based on your original post you have something going on with your register
------------------

That much we know, we are trying to get JDE to come to that same conclusion, but they are having a problem understanding that. Thank you for agreeing with us :)

Yes, we do have benefits/accrals set up to print.

I did not know that DBA rule 'P' causes the 9997 DBA. Thank you for telling me that.

How is your arrearage testing going? We have made significant progress, but are now having issues with the deduction limit not being followed when we have an arrearage balance. Limit is 2x normal (i.e. 100.00), arrearage balance is $500.00. Upon returning to work, it is trying to take the $500 plus the normal $50.00. We are using the R arrearage method.

Back