P31114 No Look Up on Location field

JohnEcc

Work Order completions on P31114 default to the primary location. On occasion, users want to direct prodn completions to a rework/quarantine location so change the location from the primary. Unfortunately the changed location remains (doesn't default back to the primary) for subsequent users entering additional completions to the work order. As there is no look up on this field I guess this is standard JDE?
Anyone else found this a pain?

Yes, this is standard JDE. The Location is written to the F4801 Table when the WO is created. It is then written again at WO Completion. However, you say there is no "look up field" - yes, there is no visual assist but there is a Form Exit to Location Search and Multi-Location. The Item Branch Lcations screen W41LOCNB appears and you can "Select" back from there.

In my current Project we had to secure this out because it would wipe out the Lot Nbr as well! This has been a real pain. It depends on the Business - if you are into Partial Completions & Lot Control, then, I agree, this may be problematic.

Looks like you are using a NON-BLANK primary location. It is a strong
recommendation to always have a BLANK primary location.
In your case, if you had a blank primary, the second user that does
additional completions to the WO that was previously completed to a rework
location, would immediately know that the primary location hasn't defaulted
(as it will not be blanks).

It is

Back