Phantom Items

JDE_JRC

Has anyone ever tried to attach cost components such as labor hours and offsets to Phantom items? If so, has anyone been able to prevent them from getting blown away when running Simulated Cost Roll Up (R03812)?

Any help would be great

Xe, SQL Server, 18

By Labor Hours I assume you're referring to a routing? By definition Phantom BOMs do not have their own routing since they're really a part of their Parent BOM. I don't think the BOM Leadtime Offset has any effect on Cost Rollup.

net, net the Parent Item's routing needs to include any additional operation steps required for phantoms. The step they will be scheduled for is the one called out in the Parent BOM for the Phantom item.

Regards,

My first question is - what are you trying to accomplish using the phantom items? We tried the phantom issue - whith obviously the same results. Also when you change the stocking type to a phantom, you prevent any "routing" updates and such. Phantom items do not print on a work order, but their components do. If you are trying to "flatten" your bills of material - I may be able to help you there as well. We are currently going through the same process - and have hit a few snags - but so far - nothing we haven't been able to resolve. Our flattening process involves import/export to/from Excell (definate time saver as opposed to manually flattening). If this sounds like something you might be trying to accomplish, let me know.

Back