Third Party Reporting Packages

sblex81

Dear Group,

The company that I work for is currently struggling to meet the reporting needs that upper management requires. Our entire financial package is currently created using Fastr. I think the tool meets our needs at the current time, except for the visual apperance. The same things exists with our Historical Sales Reporting. In this area everything is currently being written using the Query Utility on the A/S 400. The problem there is some of the queries are becoming extremely complicated with all the files and formating needs that need to be met. Right now we are significantly under trained in both of these areas. I am the only one that can write Fastr Reports and there are 4 of us that know how to use the Query Utility.

I can see two things happening in the near future. One Sales reports will need to be accessed by our sales people on the road with relative ease. Two Drill down capabilities will need to be available in the area of Financial Reporting.

With this in mind I am going to ask the following questions:
1.) What third party software package are you using?
2.) Was it priced for a middle market company?
3.) How long did it take you to implement such a package?

A73 Cum 10 AS 400 V4R4

Crystal Reports and Crystal Enterprise are the way to go for you. Using Crystal Reports while you are on World means that you won't have to re-write your reports if and when you go to OneWorld (except for A/R). Crystal Enterprise allows you to distribute your reports via the web, so your sales force or management or anyone else can get their reports from anywhere.

You need to contact www.preferredstrategies.com as they provide Crystal Reports custom report writing solutions, training and consulting for JDEdwards customers.

A customer of mine used them and were pleased with the results.

Back