World AR _ Use of RU

owman

Hello fellow Listers.

This question pertains to the Listers who may have used JDE-World in prior life.

Accounts Receivable, create an RU because of overpayment etc.
Don't you have to spread the RU against some invoice? What I really mean is : Isn't that the only thing that you could do with an RU?
I have a client that uses RU in World the same way you use RM (Credit Memo) as an offset engine against RI.
Which means that RM = 100, RI 150, you reduce RI by 100 by doing a Zero type transaction, whereas the RU has to be spread against RIs in OneWorld, trying to find out if it is particular to OneWorld only.

It is a confusing matter because client had modified World to the bone and confuses modifications with normal Vanilla World functionlities.

I am trying to be as clear as I can.

Example:

Receive a check for 1500.00, the payment stub lists the following:
RI 123 700.00
RI 245 150.00
RI 356 650.00
RI 425 500.00
RU 522(500.00)

During Cash Application, do you spread RU 500.00 against invoice 425 first or can you treat the RU as if it were a negative RI? and just select it just like you would select RI and RM.

From my days working with World I do not remember being able to do that the same way you can not treat an RU as a negative RI in OneWorld.

Please let me know what you think. It has been years since I have used World in that capacity.

Migration to OneWorld : Stumbling block.

Thanks in advance

OWman
XE, Oracle, SP16, Sun

Back