Item Master

WendySurber

Is it possible to inactivate a part? We have products that are no longer being used. Is there a way to flag the item so that no more activity can occur against that part?

Wendy:

Stocking Type O (not zero) will prevent both acquiring more of the item, and consuming more of the item. Stocking Type U will prevent acquiring more of the item, but allow you to consume any remaining inventory.

Jeff Davis
Mfg/Dist Consultant

Jeff Davis
Mfg & Distribution
[email protected]

There is a very good knowledge document on the KG concerning stocking types
O and U. These stocking types only effect purchase orders and sales orders.
They don't effect manufacturing work orders or inventory transactions.

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

Change the stocking type to O (alpha character) to obsolete the item, this prevents any ordering of the part, or manufacturing of the part. Change the stocking type to U if you want to use up any existing inventory. This should be done at both the item master and the item branch plant level.

I changed the stocking type on item master as well as item branch plant.
unfortunately, I am still able to complete a work order. When I check the KG
on the STKT type O and U, it seems as if the Obsolete stocking type only
blocks a purchase order to be processed. Workorders are not even mentioned.

Martijn Groeneveld
Deloitte & Touche
Enterprise Systems Implementation

* Cellphone +31 6 2127 2243
* E-mail [email protected]

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT/Oracle, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

Re: RE: Item Master

Did you change the stocking type with in the parts list itself? When you create a work order, (and purchase order and sales order for that matter) The system picks up this information at that time (like a snap shot) and sort of "freezes it" -. To sum it up - after you change the item master and item branch records - you will probably have to also update any sales orders, purchase orders, and production work orders manually.

Re: RE: Item Master

Sef:

Are we talking about the WO item, or a component on the WO parts list? And was the WO entered before or after changing the stocking type?

Hi Lists,
I reach this series talking about how to inactivate the item master by search. My issue is kind of the same but try to address it in the different direction.
The client is asking if can inactivate the new item master once it was created. They try to have the item master for inquiry only but can not be used to routing, BOM or whatever else before it is approved which can be weeks after it is created.
I tried to convince them to have the approval process off line and create the item master only after it is approved. But they have much item master related information to be inquired before it is offical approved later. Any comments are appreciated !
Regards,
John Hsiao, Xe ERP8.0

Only create it in the Item Master and set up security so that no one else but the one who is in control of the approvel process can copy it to item branch. This will prevent the users from creating boms and routings because therefor is item branch info needed. In order to prevent purchasing so that it isn't bought as a non stock item set the stocking type to O (Obsolete).
This is my best guess. If you need to input item/branch info you could free everything except the stocking type which won't prevent creating BOMs and Routings but workorders should be impossible. Afterwards you can change the stocking type on the item master and run item master batch update. Which will update the F4101 and F4102 records with the right stocking type.

This is how I would try to handle it.

Back