transfer order

lyqueen

hello to all,

liked to know if anyone has any idea of setting up automatic receipt of transfer order for the receiving branch?

for instance, branch A created a transfer order of qty 1000 to branch B. right after confirm shipment from branch A, branch B would automatically receive without having to manually put receipt option 1. this helps to reduce human errors.

for the case of partial receipt, the remaining qty would be outstanding until confirm shipment from branch A is done.

currently, RL gave a negative possibility to this request. receipt has to be done manually.

any ideas from anyone are welcomed.

thanks.

lyqueen
One World XE B7333, SP 13
Intel NT4,SP 6A
SQL 7, SP 2

I am not sure if the following would be an option...

Instead of ship confirming the SO - receive the PO and write a UBE to run R42500 - batch ship confirm to ship confirm the SO....

so you would receive into branch B when shipped from A and run the UBE in scheduler.....

I don't know if there is a Inventory Receipt UBE....

-Malai

dear malai,

thanks for the response. i'm just curious about how R42500 from branch A
would help to trigger automatic receipt on the branch B. can you please
elaborate more?

as far as i know, R42500 helps to confirm a batch of orders in one go.
receipt would still have to be manually done using jde. besides, R42500 is
used when you have skipped confirm shipment after printing invoice and
completed sales update.

what about inventory receipt?

lyqueen

lyqueen
One World XE B7333, SP 13
Intel NT4,SP 6A
SQL 7, SP 2

Re: RE: transfer order

What you are after is possible with EDI files. We implemented a similar solution that is up and running for the transfer of Finished Goods from Factory to Warehouse.

First - Create the Transfer Order - we use a bespoke UBE
Second - Auto-Ship with R42500
Third - Auto-Populate Receiver File - we use a bespoke UBE
Fourth - Receive with R47071

Seems the better idea is to manage from the PO side then confirm automatically -- maybe sales Update will handle it without actually doing a confirm ship.

We have a similar situation. What we are doing is setting up the bill of material for the manufactured part in the Branch that is the receipiant (warehouswe) The work order is still handled by Production control - they answer the messages - just as they always would, the order is completed (partial or whole) when the parts are built, but when the work order is posted - the end item is in that branch (warehouse's)inventory. This will increase the work load on the area maintaining the bills, but we found it was either that or deal with the transfers. Seems to be working for us. The additional work comes in if there are any changes to the bill (have to change in all branches you "manufacture" in" as well as when new items are added. It may not be the cleanest way - but it works with little or no issues.

Back