Sales Category Codes

pgeriesci

We are currently utilizing Sales Category Codes 1 - 5. Since our go-live 6 months ago we have found many items that did not have the proper Sales Category Codes assigned to them.
The user is going into the item master and correcting the Sales Category Codes. What they would like to do next is to correct the Sales History Detail table(F42119). This I can perform utilizing SQL.
My questions are:
1. Has anyone out there modified the Sales Category Codes in the Sales History Detail table?
2. What implications are there in changing them?
Any help is appreciated.
OneWorld XE, SP16.1, SQL 7.0, NT4.0

JDE OneWorld Xe
SP-16.1
NT 4.0
SQL 7.0

1. Yes, we have changed Category Codes in both F42119 and F4211
2. There is no risk in making these changes.

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

One caveat to my earlier statement. if you are using advanced pricing ensure your pricing rules do not use these category codes - or change the rules after making the code changes.

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

We are currently utilizing Sales Category Codes 1 - 5. Since our go-live 6 months ago we have found many items that did not have the proper Sales Category Codes assigned to them.
The user is going into the item master and correcting the Sales Category Codes. What they would like to do next is to correct the Sales History Detail table(F42119). This I can perform utilizing SQL.
My questions are:
1. Has anyone out there modified the Sales Category Codes in the Sales History Detail table?
2. What implications are there in changing them?
Any help is appreciated.
OneWorld XE, SP16.1, SQL 7.0, NT4.0

JDE OneWorld Xe
SP-16.1
NT 4.0
SQL 7.0
Where can I find the description for order type in JDE

Back