Incorrect R04572 object

blainen

Hi JDElist:
We are in the process of going live on Xe (17.1) and are testing the check writing using our modified R04572. What is strange is that even though we are pointing to the correct R04572 version, and this version references the modified object (verified by looking at it in RDA), we get what looks to be the native JDE object when we run the UBE - no modifications. The PDF file name even contains the correct version name.

The modified object works just fine in our current B733.2 environment, does anyone have any ideas about why a different object is showing up in Xe?

Blaine
Xe 17.1, AS400,
OS400, DB2

Blaine,
I know this sounds kind of basic, but, were the modified UBE template & its adjacent version deployed on the Enterprise/Logic server?

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Hi there!

When you talk about references to modified object, do you mean a report interconnect or a custom Bfn that is referred to from R04572?

When we upgraded to Xe, some of the data structure parameters in the modified (and merged) objects did no longer work. They looked fine in ER printouts but when we checked them i ER design, we noticed that only the description (display name) of the referred object was shown but the object ID was, in fact, blank in some of the Bfn calls and report interconnects...

We ended up "refreshing" them all manually (i.e going through all the modified Bfn calls and report interconnects and selecting the values for data structure again)

Regards...

Aarto Reponen
Application Consultant
SYSteam Applications
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.systeam.se

Did you check your Payment Instrument Defaults to make sure it is pointing
to the right program? Also, check your path codes to make sure you are
pointed to XE. We had this issue, also. I will check further with our
consultant to see what else got changed.

Libbi Fletcher
HoMedics, Inc.
M.I.S. Department
248-863-3001 ext. 1281
[email protected]

This may sound basic but I thought I'd throw it in. Did you change the processing options in the 'work with payment groups' (r04571) program so that it is accessing your version rather than the jde version? deb

Aarto
Just need a little help...easy one for you.
Which field do you use to record the delivery note number at the point of
goods receipt ?
I have to answer today, so quick reply would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paul Nixon

As it turns out, the objects did not actually get deployed. The deployment did not complete. Thanks for the feedback on the issue, though!

Blaine
Xe 17.1, AS400,
OS400, DB2

Back