Upgrading the Deployment Server from NT 4.0 to Win2k

Hickory

I just wanted to see if anyone out there has upgraded their deployment server from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Server and if so how did it go and were there any gothca's.

Thanks in advance.

Xe,SP16,HPUX 11.01, Oracle 8.1.6.3.1

I know we went through an NT to Win 200O upgrade as part of our Xe upgrade last summer. So it can be done. I'll see if I can get any specific info from my CNC guys and post back.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Hickory,
I've done it two times. Save the JDEdwards directory on NT deployment. It' s important to keep the same deployment server name and then you can reinstall OneWorld CD. After this install you can copy the backup JDEdwards directory on new deployment server.
Good Luck
Gigi

OW XE / Oracle 8i / SQL Server
Win2K / WinNT / JAS / Citrix XP

Our plan was to have a server offline. Take a snapshot backup of the current production deployment server. Lay it over the existing backup NT server and upgrade that OS to Win2K.

I know the documentation request that we re-install OneWorld. Is a OneWorld re-install from CD required? Is this due to some licensing issues?

Xe,SP16,HPUX 11.01, Oracle 8.1.6.3.1

Hickory,

I upgraded our deployment server from NT4.0 to Win2k about 5 months ago. There process is fairly painless. There are a couple things to keep in mind (in addition to the KG document).

-make sure to check all of the environment variables on your current deployment server and make sure you have all appropriate entries on your Win2k box. (there is a step in the installation of C++ that will create variables for you, this is probably a good idea).
-take a look at your jde.ini and make sure that all entries under [JDE_CG] match the directories on your win2k server.
-When you rename your win2k deployment server to the original dep server's name, Enterprise SQL Server will corrupt (7.0 will anyway...not sure about 2000). Check www.microsoft.com with the exact error you will get for instructions on how to fix it. (You are essentially going to repair the installation using your original CD - this is simple)

You asked about installing OneWorld code on your new server... This step does require the deployment server CD and is necessary because OneWorld must write to the registry. Simply copying the old directory over will not give you the registry entries you need.

Good Luck

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_E1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

Back