Citrix and Oneworld XE Client

spud

We are on OW Xe SP14.3 and soon to be moving to SP18 within the next week. For months now, we have been seeing Memory Allocation errors in the event logs of all our 35 Citrix XP 1.0 SP1/FR1 terminal servers (4 GB Memory) in all of our environments. Here are a few examples:

Application popup: activConsole.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x10061f55" referenced memory at "0x000001c1". The memory could not be "read".
Application popup: Journal Entries with Debit/Credit Format - [Work With Journal Entries]: activConsole.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fcb76d" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

Unfortunately, we are already seeing them on our SP18 servers as well. The reason we are seeing these at all is because of a registry change to have system hard errors reported to the system event log: HKLM\System\CCS\Control\Windows Value:Errormode=2
Has anyone experienced these problems on your Citrix terminal servers? I would appreciate hearing any experiences or suggestions you may have. Thanks!

Spud :

a) Delete all records from your user overrides (xx7333.f98950).
b) Install IE 5.5 or higher on your Citrix servers.

Sebastian

Re: RE: Citrix and Oneworld XE Client

Spud,

I certainly agree with Sebastian. Problems with user overrides can cause all types of problems, even memory errors such as the one you described.

User overrides are fragile enough that I usually have to delete and recreate at least a portion of my user overrides after every service pack update.

Good luck.

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_E1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

Back