Transaction processing in Ship Confirm

Sef

Sef

VIP Member
Hi all again

Last week I posed a question about the 'Commit Failed' error message in ship confirm and hopefully Larry's suggestion to include

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
OracleServerHandleReuse=0

into the JDE.INI will resolve that particular issue (the jury is still out on this one).

On top of this issue we have been experiencing lines on orders being ship confirmed twice or even three times. Most orders are confirmed using the 'confirm shown' form exit and if the user, upon completion, presses the find button, it can take up to a full minute until the order no longer appears.

It is still possible now to reselect the order and process again and thus to ship confirm the order (or part there of) for a second time.

The reason for this is because the ship confirm program runs like a dog (allegedly due to transaction processing) and because ShipConfirmEndDoc of N4200790 is called asynchronously.

Even though there are multiple SARs complaining about P4205 performance and there even is an enhancement SAR out there, JDE still haven't taken any action.

To keep a long story short, we are sick to death of the Ship Confirm program performance and are contemplating doing one or both of two things:
1) Turn transaction processing off in P4205
2) Call ShipConfirmEndDoc of N4200790 in-line

Has anybody out there had the same experience and has anybody tried solutions 1 and/or 2. Please let us know about your experiences.

Thanks for your contributions,

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

Sef,

I don't know if this will resolve your issue, but it's certainly in line with what you're talking about trying. Under JDE's Breaking News, please refer to document # ODS-01-0043, which is titled "Record Locking Issues with Additional Lines in Shipment Confirmation." The resolution given is to turn off transaction processing, and the document gives detailed steps to accomplish this.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, Update 1, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6
Sandbox: SP18.1

Hi Don,

Thanks for that bit of information.
We stumbled accros the same info when we were trying to use the 'additional line at ship confirm'-functionality. This is another reason why we would want to turn off transaction processes.
What I would like to find out if anybody has done this before and what their experiences are.

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

I wanted to know if you ever successfully solved the issue of being able to ship confirm several times (and decrementing inventory). We are having the same issue in production right now, and it's causing big issues. We were going to turn on TP and aschronous processing but I still don't think that will solve the issue for us. Please let me know what you did to correct the issue. Thanks.

Hi Kent (or is it Eddie?)

The issue we were having actually sort of went away. After setting the oracle option in the JDE.INI and (from what I can remember) tweeking the system to improve performance, the issue no longer seemed to occur. Most of this was done by the CNC guys here, so I'm not fully up to date with what was done exactly. I believe that we also wrote a procedural SQL script (but a UBE will do as well) to check for duplicates.

Rgds,

Back