Shortcuts not executing on thin clients

obasegmez

Hi,

We are having a problem with external messages sent via SMTP server feature.
All workflow and batch messages are now sent to an external mail system but
the shortcuts that are attached to the message does not function properly.
Has anyone developed a solution for such a case?

Thanks,

Ozan Basegmez

OneWorld Xe, Update 3, SP 17.1
Windows 2000, SQL 2000, Citrix Metaframe XP

From your configuration, I assume the clients are on Citrix. Is the email client on Citrix as well or on the local PC? For the shortcuts to work, the JDE executable and the email executable need to be on the same machine, either both on Citrix or both on the local hard drive.

B733.2, SP 15, Oracle 8.1.6, HP 9000
Win2K, Citrix 1.8, NFuse

Hi Ozan we are having the same problem with external messages sent via SMTP server.
All workflows are now sending to an external mail system but
the shortcuts that are attached to the message does not function. Have you any solution for that ? All info is good.

Thanks a lot
Javier Allende

Ozan never said for sure, but I agree that it sounds like a local email vs. citrix JDE issue. We had similar issues and did some exploration into resolutions. The plan for us is to eventually move our Outlook users to a citrix instead of local client. One of the things I was planning to test but never did, create a bat file on the local PC that contains the command line to launch JDE on the Citrix server. Rename the bat file to Owexplore.exe and place it in the Windows or Winnt directory, depending on your client OS. Theoretically, clicking on the shortcut in email will launch the Citrix session.

Hi Charles, I was planning the same test , but I
didn't find the command to launch Citrix session. The
pn.exe doesn't receipt parameters with IP, Application
etc.

I have Lotus Notes in my PC client , and Citrix with
out ICA Client.

My workflow sends a message with the P98805(generic
workflow approval forms) and then the shortcut doesn't
work from may e-mail off course.

thank a lot again for your attention

javier

--- pianosynth <[email protected]> escribió: >
Ozan never said for sure, but I agree that it sounds
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=38522

Cobertura especial de la Copa Mundial de la FIFA Corea-Japón 2002, sólo en Yahoo! Deportes:
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/fifaworldcup/

OneWorld Xe, Update 5, SP 19B1
Windows 2000, SQL 2000, Citrix Metaframe 1.8

Hi Charles, I was planning the same test , but I didn't find the command to launch Citrix session. The pn.exe doesn't receipt parameters with IP, Application etc.

I have Lotus Notes in my PC client , and Citrix with out ICA Client.

My workflow sends a message with the P98805(generic workflow approval forms) and then the shortcut doesn't work from may e-mail off course.

thank a lot again for your attention

javier

By your response, I presume that you are using Nfuse to get to your Citrix apps. From your NFuse browser, right click on the JDE icon and select Save Target As. I left the name Launch.ICA in place and saved it to the C drive root. Create a batch file named owexplore.exe and put the command "C:\launch.ica" in it. Save this batch file to any directory in the system path and it should work.

If you are using Citrix XP FR1 (which is not supported but works OK for me) there is a feature called extended parameter passing. On the client PC, associate .JDE files to wfica32.exe <published app> %1, and it will pass the .JDE file to the published app and run it accordingly.

Read the MF XP Advanced Concepts doc which explains it much better.

Note - I had to ditch the idea - because it means users can edit the .JDE file to run whatever app they want (Like fast Path really)

cheers

Barry

Hi Barry I tried to associate .JDE files to wfica32.exe with this parameters

C:\ARCHIV~1\Citrix\ICACLI~1\wfica32.exe <oexplore.exe> "%1"

but doesn't work. Is correct this?

thanks a lot
javier

You are sort of on the right track, however this feature will only work with Metaframe XP FR1 and a recent ICA Client version.

The association should be "....\wfcica.exe <published app name> /Param: %1" or something like that (I did it a few months ago).

There are excellent instructions in the "Advanced Concepts for Metaframe XP" document which you can find somewhere on citrix.com - and look for "Extended Parameter Passing"

We are having the same problem, however we are utilizing a JAS server that is a Windows 2000 machine. What would the file association be?

Back