HTML and Outlook

erichz

Hi, Everyone

Now I have a problem.
I need informations about SMTP, Outlook, Send Email (Outlook integration with OneWorld/HTML Server) in OneWorld.
Prerequisites to using Outlook with Oneworld are that a host running the SMTP service must be accessible from the calling machine and the hostname of the SMTP service must be specified in the mailServer key of the [JDEMAIL] section of the jde.ini in the environment from which the Send Email will be called.
Now for OneWorld Client there is not problem !!! but
my host is a HTML Server, here there isn't jde.ini file !!!
I need the same functionalities for html. For the "Fat Client" there is no problems to deviate received work center messages to an other account (Outlook). (See: JDE.INI Settings)
Now I need your help. Can you please inform me which settings and processings or maybe business functions are necessary for html?
I work with Server HTML(Via Browser) and I could receive Email to my Outlook in my Fat Client where I'm working !!!!
In my html Server I haven't SMTP Service.
I have this Service only at my Application Server (No Enterprise) !!!!!!

Could anybody give me some Advice, Documentation, Business function, Examples on above issues ? your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Erich

Hey Erich

We have successfully linked JDE to Outlook for stuff running on fat clients, enterprise server and HTML clients.

For the HTML clients the key is working out where the logic that is going to send the e-mail is actually going to run. For our cnc set up all logic for html clients executes on the enterprise server. Hence the key to linking the HTML JDE into outlook is to amend the jde.ini on the Enterprise server.

Below are a couple of short extracts from our config document that covers this. The IP addresses are the IP address of the SMTP server (find it through your outlook settings if need be).

Workstation ini file:-

There are two settings in the client initialisation file relevant to this functionality both are in the [JDE MAIL] section. The first two lines of this section should be amended to be shown below:

[JDEMAIL]
mailProfile=MS Exchange Settings
Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER=194.61.192.140

The first line is used to record the Outlook Profile used on this particular PC. The second line represents the IP address of the SMTP Mail Server.

Enterprise Server ini file:-

The Enterprise Server is where all logic will process for the sending of E-mails when users are logged onto a HTML client machine. Again it is the [JDE MAIL] section which needs amending to include the IP address for the SMTP server. First line of the section should be amended to:

[JDEMAIL]
Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER=194.61.192.140

Hope this starts to point you in the correct direction. Let me know how you get on.

Pete

Xe SP15.1, HTML, ES=RS600 AIX, JAS=RS6000 AIX, Oracle 8.1.6, Websphere 3.5 Advanced, Project live since April 2001 currently ~80 users

Back