R073012

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Has anyone got the payroll register to not print employees that weren't paid for the pay period?

i.e. We setup a version of R07200 with data selection for employee pay status, pay class, and locality. We key in time for 5 people, there are 400 at the plant. When we run the payroll, all 400 show up, but pay info for only the 5 that we keyed time in. We don't want this, we want just the 5 people with time keyed to show up on the register.

TIA

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA
Xe SP14; ES - AS/400; CO - AS/400; Deploy - NT Citrix - NT SP6; Report Distribution - Formscape;

Jeremey,

We have not had that problem since moving from B7331 to Xe-SP16. Do you have auto pay turned on for this payroll ID?

Of the 400 other employees, do they have time keyed periodically or are they never paid through the payroll system? If the other 400 are never paid through the payroll system, you could set up a new category code and use it to exclude these excess employees from the payroll ID. This would not be practical if the employees with time cards changes frequently.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Jeremy,

Do you have any Benefits set up to calculate if you have no gross? What about any Deductions?

Scott

All employees are paid when the plants run. When we idle a plant for a week, only essential hourly employees are paid. For this particular payroll there isn't any auto pay (my understanding is auto pay is salary employees)

Talking with JDE, they seem to think an ESU we put on corrupted what was working prior. Still waiting on confirmation on that though.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA
Xe SP14; ES - AS/400; CO - AS/400; Deploy - NT Citrix - NT SP6; Report Distribution - Formscape;

We use arreage(sp?)...where we take deductions (ins, medical, etc.) whenever a payroll is run, and if they don't have enough money to cover then it is carried over and pulled from their next check.

I mentioned this to JDE, and the gal said that it shouldn't matter that we do this because there was no time keyed, so the employee wasn't paid. Therefor, shouldn't be on the register.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA

I would investigate this further than just applying an esu. Since you have Deductions to calculate if employees have no gross pay, the a transaction is being created in the f0709 table. Information in this table is used to create the stub, which the payroll register is based off. Think of it this way, you pay an individual a cash benefit and you place this in the One-time-overrides and they are not getting any other pay (no Time entered), but they are going to receive a check for the cash benefit. Do you want them to show up on the register? You should since they are getting a check. This is no different of a scenario it is just happening with a deduction or benefit and since you cannot cut negative checks, it goes to arrears. I do not mean to labor the issue to an endless death, I just want you to see all sides and I feel, based on the information you have given the board, this sounds like the system is working as designed.

Scott

Do you have auto pay selected? If you don't have autopay selected it should still bring in the other employees but without pay. Just a thought.

They are saying to put ESU on b/c our code is not up to theirs. We are still investigating it. Got up with this gal Patricia Fredrico, who seems knowledgeable and is working hard to figure out the problem. They are comparing BSNF B0700005, because as she so eloquently put it:

(we are) getting a record in the F07350 for an employee that has no gross but has an F0709 record because they have a "calc if no gross" DBA. And they are showing up on the payroll register which is incorrect. I think the problem is that the F07350 is being updated.

But, you are right you can't cut a negative check so it goes to arrears, however, if it is arreared and they DO NOT have time then it should not go on the register, but if they DO HAVE time and zero net amount it should go on register. Make sense?

Our problem is the employee name, employee number, and SSN are appearing on the register but nothing else. Here's how I put it to JDE in my last email to them:

What it looks like is happening:

1. pulling employees from the F060116 table going through the DO SECTION on the "Process Payroll Stub Details"
2. Processing the LBF and LBH for the "Process Payroll Stub Details" including the conditional section "Show Check Control Number" when it doesn't find a record in the F06116 file.

I hope I am not confusing anyone, I am still trying to understand this process myself.

(sorry about the caps, but I want to emphasize those separate phrases)
Sorry about the long post. I'm just trying not confuse anyone.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA

Jeremy,

I know Patty very well and I would trust her, but I feel this is the chicken and the egg syndrome. We are getting a F0709 record because a DBA is calculated because of the set up. Whether it should be on the payroll register or not is up for debate. I hope you get it worked out with the results you desire.

Scott

Jeremey,

Just ran a partial payroll in our PY environment. Imported time cards for only about a third of the employees in the data selection and only employees with time cards are printing on the PR register. I need to check our DBA set-up to see if we have any "Calc if no gross". I think we should, but I'm not positive. I'll let you know what I find tomorrow.

Peace.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Thank you for your input.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA

Jeremey,

Here is what I have found. Much to my surprise, we did not have any active "calc if no gross" DBA's. When I added one to one of our employees who had NO time, guess what? He printed on the PR register.

Here is an idea for a work around. Add a new category code to the employee master identifying employees who are and are not part of your shut down workforce. (Blank = not part of shut down WF, Y = Part of shut down WF) Then set-up two new Payroll ID's or Versions. Use one to process the shut-down payroll and the other to calc your DBA arrearages. Then you can trash the register that is blank.

Also, your best bet to get this resolved with JD Edwards is to ask for a processing option that would allow you the option of not printing these employees with a "calc if no gross" DBA. I'm betting it was originally set up this way because some other client insisted that all employees with DBAs calculating be printed on the PR register. Unfortunately, even if they agree to add the processing option, it probably won't be available until B9. :(

Good luck.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Got a call from JDE yesterday (13March2002)late afternoon. Here's the result.

There is a problem with the code. Specifically, with the B0700005.c code (at least that was the last one they asked for.) They will get back to me with either a code fix, workaround that doesn't pertain to having 2 payroll id's - (Good idea just not a feasible one for us), or a SAR number. I'll inform the list of the result.

What's intersting, is when I was talking to JDE yesterday, the gal said that she had just got another call dealing with the same issue. Looks like I started a bad trend? (joke)

Thanks for all the input/ideas/suggestions.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA
Xe SP14; ES - AS/400; CO - AS/400; Deploy - NT Citrix - NT SP6; Report Distribution - Formscape;<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jeremey_garcia on 3/14/02 05:39 AM.</FONT></P>

Yes, please keep us posted. This hasn't been an issue for us yet, but you never know when the PR manager is going to add new "calc w/ no gross" dba's.

Thanks.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Ok, as of Friday 15MARCH2002:

From Patricia Fredrico at JDE:

Aaaaah! They changed the functionality. I working to get it changed back or at least give the customer a choice. We have a meeting to discuss it on Wednesday.

I'll update the results when I get them. Thanks for all your suggestions/advise.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA

Back