Future bucket

owman

Hello List

I ran an "Open Receivable with Aging" report (R03B4201), all the amounts that should be in the future column are in the current bucket.

I am using the canned report (R03B4201)(no Future defined?!). Is there any thing for me to do, besides defining my Aging buckets in the Constants for the report to display future?

Do I have to go into the design of the report to insert a column for the future amount and use data selection to pull in the numbers that are really "future"? (Future is defined as not due within 30 days from the date the report is run, I am using DUE DATE AGING)

Should I use customized report to get the desired result?

Please advise on what I am not doing wrong or not doing.

Thanks in advance

OWman
XE, Oracle, SP16, Sun

OWMan,

Hi. Did you define your aging buckets in the Report Processing options? This report does not pull the aging categories from the AR constants. Give this a try and let me know if it does not work.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Ken,

Yes I did define the aging buckets in the Processing Options.
It can pull from the Constants if you instruct it to do so in the Processing Options Tab named "Aging" #1 (Aging Specifications) Blank or 1 are the choices.

The aging bucket definition is very skewed. I will try to change it and run Credit analysis Refresh to generate F03b15 and see if the RTFTR field is updated. Now there is nothing there.

Besides this, is there any thing else for me to check?

Thanks for your reply.

2) I checked the demo version of the F03B15 and the RTFTR is being updated, but when you run the report there is no Future field and it does not even put it in Current. I think that I may have to create a column in the report where the information will be pulled from the F03B15 from the RTFTR field.

Thanks

OWman
XE, Oracle, SP16, Sun<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by owman on 3/6/02 08:09 AM.</FONT></P>

To set this up, the first aging bucket needs to be set
at -30. This takes all invoices with a due date 30
days in the future, and puts the total due in the
future bucket. If you look at the JDE documentation
for AR constants, the examples are there. You can
also manages these by specifying them as overrides
reoprt by report.
--- owman <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=30087

World, OW B733X and Xe

Mike,

I set the constants that way and I even tested it using Demo.
Yes it did put all invoices with a due date in the future in the RTFTR(future) field in F03B15, however doesn't automatically show it in the report as future.
There is no column for Future in the canned report. I went to the Event Rules, it's not even defined there but Current is defined.

I have tested it to the bone before I enlisted the List's help.
It seems that a new column will have to be created to pull from the field RTFTR or just create a custom report to do it, which is where we are leaning.

I am very thankful for your help.

OWman
XE, Oracle, SP16, Sun

Hi OWMan

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but SAR 5657001 may help (although it confirms that there is no future column in this report)

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

Back