OWXe Standalone Demo doesn't allow opening applications

timallen449

OWXe Standalone Demo doesn\'t allow opening applications

Situation--
We have installed the OneWorld Xe Demo Standalone on two Windows 2000 machines. It is version B733/13. We chose the Developer option, and the Spanish version with helps. We also have installed the SPC Code Application on both machines, and sucessfully obtained an authorization code for both. The installation took four hours on one machine (a desktop), and only a half hour on the other (a laptop). The machines both have 256MB RAM and both had a little over 2GB available on the hard disks prior to the installation.

Problem--
On the desktop, the system runs fine, if a bit slowly. As a test, we could open the folder for the Address Book, Daily Processes (G01), and start the application Address Book Revisions (P01012).

When we try the same test on the laptop, the application starts to open, then hangs with a grey window. We waited five minutes, but the application never started, and eventually we killed the process from the task manager.

Question--
Has anyone had this problem, and were they able to fix it somehow? Thanks in advance. (Se puede contestar en castellano o catalan si quieres)

OpenWorld Xe Standalone
Windows 2000

--
Tim Allen
Consultor Técnico
Oportunanet Barcelona

Re: OWXe Standalone Demo doesn\'t allow opening applications

Hi Tim,
You may need to re-install Standalone on the laptop; it's really suspect.
1 - What about running some other applications?
2 - Did you look into the b7 directory structure? Is it the same size with desktop's?
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Have you checked the available disk space AFTER the install. You may be running out of space. Demo will install more objects when you open it up. If you only had 2+GB to start with the DEMO with helps is over 2GB.

DCD
Xe Update 3 SP17.1_F.1
AS400 w/Central Objects
W2K Deployment Server

The demo version is 4.08 gb on my machine. I did have
similar problems twice. Once there was not enough
disk space and once the cd was bad and installing
corrupted files that hung me at start-up. Also, it
usually only takes 45 minutes for me to install the
demo version.

--- DCD <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=29968

Re: OWXe Standalone Demo doesn\'t allow opening applications [RESOLVED]

Kind thanks for all of the suggestions. You were all on the mark-- we checked the disk size on the laptop, and as it turns out, we were running quite short. We deinstalled a few useless things (mostly MS stuff ;) ) and reinstalled, and now the laptop works just fine.

Thanks for all your help. Salutacions des de Barcelona.

--
Tim Allen
Consultor Técnico
Oportunanet Barcelona

Back