JAS Security

bernds1

Hi List,

I am applying a Windows 2000 WEB-Server to my existing XE Installation. The Web-Server is up and running, but when I switch on the Security (the Security will be verified by the AS/400, so there is no Security Server entry in the JDE.INI for the Clients) I am not able to loging, because I have no entry for the Security Server in the JAS.INI.

Any ideas?

regards

AS/400 V5R1 OW Xe SP18_C1
JAS Server Windows 2000

Freddie,

One of the requirements of the JAS server is that you have a Security Server. If you look at the install guide for a JAS server you will find that it is required (around page 37). Now this does not mean that your windows clients have to use it but your JAS server will.

Bob Morrison

Have you tested it with the Security Server entry in there?

Matthew Scott
XE, SP 17.1, AS/400, Win2000 Logic Servers, Win2000 Term. Servers, Win2000 Java Servers, Central Objects in Oracle.

Re: RE: JAS Security

Bob,
I know this. But I will use the security check from the AS/400. So, I am not able to make an entry for the Security Server in the JAS.INI. When I do so, I have to apply the OneWorld Security which will use a single user to access the AS/400 and this is not the way I prefer.

thanks

Back