Quality Management

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi Lists,
My client plan to implement the OW QM function but to my knowledge, JDE QM is far behind the needs the real world required, especially on sampling method and item qualification when shipping/allocated to customers.
Does anyone have the experiences or comments on JDE QM ? Any input will be welcomed and appreciated !
Best Regards,
John Hsiao
Xe SP17

I've worked with the Quality management system and I think it does a decent job of collecting statistical information and storing in ths system database. The standard JDE system does not really have any statistical tools as part of the package so you would have to get a third party piece of software to analyze your data.

Jim,

is that World or OneWorld you're referring to (since your signature doesn't say ...)?

I would have agreed with John's post that OW collects only very basic quality data. Maybe there's an add-on module we're not aware of?

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Sorry, I've work on both World and OneWorld so I don't have either one specified in my profile. I was referring to OneWorld. The client I worked with was able to use the standard software to record the results they need for their quality program. What was missing was any type of statistical analysis of this result. There are no UBE’s in the JDE system that will plot the trend, median or mean of the results. It won't tell you if a result is out of conformance, it won't tell you if the process you are measuring is out of control because each successive result is trending away from the target value. But if you just want basic data to record against a process and print a certificate of analysis that say the item you tested was within acceptable ranges, it does work ok for that.

Back