OMW configuration questions regarding Interactive Versions (APPLVER)

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEList,

I have some open questions about configuring Object Management for Interactive Versions (APPLVER).

1.) What is the reason of the Check-Out/Get and Check-In Status Activity Rules for APPLVER type objects under the 21-21 and 40-40 nodes in OMC? As far as I know these actions are not available for APPLVER type objects.

2.) When a user sign on an environment which has different Path Code than DV7333 (e.g. PY7333) then where will be an APPLVER Added, Modified or Deleted? In PY7333 or DV7333 path code only or in both? Does it depend on the Activity Rules settings for APPLVER at all? Will be the result different when the user handles APPLVERs in OMW or outside of OMW, in P983051 Interactive Version application?

3.) What is the recommended Activity Rule setting for APPLVER in the Programing statuses (21-21 and 40-40)?

Thanks your answers in advance,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

The action will take place into the Logged In
Environment. If you look in the rules it will say
LOCAL. This refers to the Logged In Environment.

Ex:
If a user is logged in to DV7333 and does a check-out
the object will go into the workstation DV7333. If
the user logs into PY7333 and checks an object out, it
will go into the workstation PY7333 Path Code.

--- Zoltan_Gyimesi <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=29629

Hi Brother of Kara,
I am following the question from Zolton. Thanks for the information. I am curious to know what is the difference between DV7333 and Workstation DV7333 environment, I have also seen this during the checkout process using OMW, whenever I checkout, the log file say checking out to DV7333 environment( Activity Rule is checkout to local), but when I check in then it says checking from local(Activity rule is check in from local) to the right environment.

Thanks
Vivek Mohan
XE Update 3, SP 15.1
Oracle 8.1.6.3.0, Windows Nt

brother_of_kara,

Thanks for your answer.

How to setup Check-In and Check-Out/Get activities for REAL Objects is totally clear for me. I was specially interested regarding APPLVER Interactive Version type object where as far as I know these actions are not available for APPLVER type objects (please, se my #1 in my original post).

I am also very interested in the Delete action too for this type of "Object".

Thanks in any case.

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltan et al,

This is a very interesting line of questioning...

First of all, although transfer activity rules do exist in 21-21
for APPLVER, no movement really happens. As you said, there is nothing to move except when transferring to a new pathcode OR deleting the version.

If you go into OMW and add an APPLVER to a status 21 project, you will see the following:
The GET button functions and acts as though it is overwriting local specifications (which there are none).
The SAVE button acts as if it functions.
The RESTORE button functions and acts as though it is overwriting local specifications (which there are none).
The CHECK OUT button is unavailable.
The CHECK IN button is unavailable.
The ERASE CHECK OUT button is unavailable.
The DROP TOKEN button is unavailable.
The TRANSFER TOKEN button is unavailable.

As for creating or modifying APPL versions, they are created or modified in the pathcode of the environment you are signed onto. In other words, if you are signed onto PY7333, then the version is created in the PY pathcode...even if you are adding it as part of a status 21 project. Activity rules setup will not change this. It applies whether you are working in OMW or the Interactive Versions application.

When deleting APPL versions, it deletes both from your signon pathcode AND the pathcode defined in the OMC Activity Rule setup. ie, If you are signed onto PY7333 and delete an APPLVER in a status 21 project, the version is deleted from both PY7333 & DV7333 (due to the OMC activity rules).

In summary, my guess is that the check out/get and check in activity rules are insignificant. The delete activity rule does have a function. Hope this helps...

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

Back