Preference profiles World versus OW

rkarnap

Hello list,

A client is evaluating both a move from A7.3 to Xe, and an increase in the use of advanced pricing. They want to attach one of several advanced pricing schedules to a customer's billing instructions to handle most sales to that customer. However, when the client sells an item from a certain item group that uses variable tables and / or formulas to figure out the selling price, then they need to use a different advanced pricing schedule.

Preference profiles (P40070, P40300, etc.) offers a way to substitute a pricing schedule for particular items or item groups on a sales order. However, as hard as I try, I can't get Xe Demo Jr. to work as the documentation says it should. I spoke with another consultant last night who said that he and other consultants had used preference profile functionality successfully in World, but when they tried to do the same setup in Xe, they bombed just as I had.

I don't want to set up preference profiles for the client in World if they will have to give them up after the migration to One World. Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks, or suggestions.

Russell Karnap
CCG International
[email protected]

J Russell Karnap

I have used preference profiles in OW several times and they DO work. Make
sure that your version of P4210 is pointing to the correct version of R40400
and that the desired preferences have been activated in the processing
options of R40400. Also check your effectivity dates and Active flag
settings on your preference.

Good luck,

Steve Erickson

Back