SP 18.1

jlcstimpson

Has anyone installed SP18.1 & has it fixed the problem with the scheduler?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jlcstimpson on 2/23/02 03:01 PM.</FONT></P>

James,

According to JDE's documented schedule, SP18.1 isn't targeted for General Availability release until March 4, 2002.

Edit on 02/27/2002: My apologies for quoting JDE documented schedules. It seems that the SP release schedule hasn't been maintained since Sept., 2001. I went out to the update center the other day and downloaded SP18.1 and SP18.1_A1. We'll be creating multiple foundations on our enterprise server soon and then trying out SP18.1. FYI, we've always found that the .1 releases of any SP are always more stable and better to run, and always wait for them.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, Update 1, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by DSauve on 2/27/02 10:23 AM.</FONT></P>

Hi,

We're migrating B7332 to XE and we've installed SP18.1 to test it with the migration
There is a trouble with the package we did download from the KG...the kernels jdekrnl.xdb and jdekrnl.ddb arent in the KERNELSPEC savf...
JDE still trying to understand why.. :) It seems we'll have to use the SP18 kernels..but nothing sure atm
So our AS/400 is still on SP18 and our deployment server and our fat clients are in SP18.1
no issue found at this time...

OW B7332 AS/400 (with CO on it) SP14.1
XE XU4 SP18 for AS/400 and SP18.1 for clients

Whinpo,
We are currently on SP16 XE looking to go to SP18 and Update 4, we see that you are also coexistent. We are interested in the method you used to upgrade. We have no customizations to retrofit. What other issues have you run into with SP18 or Update 4? Thanks,

Annette
Sp16 XE Cume 12 X3
AS/400 V4R4 Coexistent

Hi Annette

I'm working at a place and we just did XU4 and SP18. We had problems with Index and Table Creation workbench. It was related to the Service Packs. We had to rollback the Service Pack to get the Index and Table Creation workbench to work.(it was NT SQL Server) Maybe you should go with 18.1 instead.

Adrian Valentim
Valmatrix Consulting Inc.

Hi there :

It's better to avoid "dot zero" Service Packs such as 18.0 or 15.0; tend
to be very buggy.

Sebastian

Adrian,
Thanks for the reply. Did you end up applying 18.1 or going back to SP17? We are going to attempt 18.1 next week. Has anyone else applied XU4 and SP18.1 to an AS/400 enterprise server (we're at V4R4) and not been on V5R1? We are curious if there are any issues.

Annette
B7333 SP 16, Cume12 X3 co-exist
AS/400 V4R4

Hi Annette

We Rollback to SP13 (that is all we had) to get XU4 to run. But now we at 18.1 and everything is okay.

Adrian Valentim
Valmatrix Consulting Inc.

My motto is "say no to "." (dot) O".

James A. Wilson
Technical - CNC

James,
How are you doing? Hope things are going well for you.
I haven't seen your name lately on the list.

Regards
jerry

Re: RE: SP 18.1

I just applies 18.1A to a multiple foundations but I am having issues building a full package...I have another idea i will try before I migrate it to the live env. I have to successfully build a full package before I move it live.

Cleola Isaacs
CNC Administrator/Network Analyst
Xe Update 2 SP 16
Enterprise AS/400
WTS NT 4.0

Follow-up on SP18.1 tests

Just wanted to let you know that we went through the following to test out SP18.1, with the hopes that it would allow us to accept update packages on Windows XP clients without getting Windows error messages:
1. Set up multiple foundations
2. Applied Planner ESU # JD13750
3. Applied SP18.1
4. Applied SP18.1_B1
5. Applied security ESU # JD12367
6. Applied SAR 5790013 (to fix compile error messages)

We had good luck with the full package build and install, but the update package still failed on the Windows XP client. So scratch SP18.1 from our sandbox for now -- maybe someday JDE will really be able to support Windows XP as they claim they can now.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, Update 1, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6

Re: Follow-up on SP18.1 tests

I noticed there are several people in this thread that agree that the SP#.1 service packs are more reliable than SP#.0 I, too, have found this to be correct and always stick to the dot 1's. However, I was wondering if there is a Service Pack guru out there that may know WHY this is true.

Thanks.

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_E1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

I'm not a guru but I have a 2cent thought:

SP#.0 are put out with JDE only testing. Customers get their hands on them and run it through their business and discover other errors. Call them into JDE and JDE says ohhhh we didn't think about that. So they start fixing. After they get so many fixes, then they release the one-off.

At least it sounds plausible to me.

Jeremey Garcia
Greenville, SC, USA
Xe SP14; ES - AS/400; CO - AS/400; Deploy - NT Citrix - NT SP6; Report Distribution - Formscape;

It doesn't take a guru to figure this one. ALL of the software manufactures (not just JDE) follow the business practice of releasing software without adequate testing. They let the users find the bugs and through the calls to the support line, come up with a list of 'unadvertised features' that need to be changed. When they release the .1, .2, .3, etc. versions, these are actually what would have been released had the manufacturers done their job correctly in the first place. "If you go dot OH, it's gonna blow".

B733.2, SP 15, Oracle 8.1.6, HP 9000
Win2K, Citrix 1.8, NFuse

RE: Follow-up on SP18.1 tests

Ryan :

Reason is that .0 is their first release, there are some bugs that are
not detected by JDE testers and remain hidden until being discovered
by users and installers when they explode on their faces.
SP .1 include SP .0 enhancements plus a bunch of fixes for .0 issues.

Sebastian

You applied all this at the same time....:) I applied SP18.1_B1 and the only issue I had was building a full package from Win 2K Pc with an NT 4.0 Dep Server, once I build the package on the Dep server everything went fine. I tested the deploy of both a full and an update on NT 4.0 and Win 2K clients and had no issues. The planner ESU I will apply one week after SP 18.1_B1 is noved in to our live Env. That way I will be able to tell better what broke what.

Cleola Isaacs
CNC Administrator/Network Analyst
Xe Update 2 SP 16
Enterprise AS/400
WTS NT 4.0

Back